Shift <6> radio frequencies not showing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
simonflight
Airman First Class

Shift <6> radio frequencies not showing

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys,

I cannot see the radio frequencies in the shift<6> 2d popup !!!

A few months ago I migrated to Win10 and FSX Steam and now for the Comanche, T6, Cherokee, C182, C172 and P51Civ I just can't see the frequencies. The menu looks fine in every other respect and I can see the NAV1, NAV2 text etc.

Cub, P51mil, P40, Spit, Connie, B377 are all fine

This is with radios confirmed on and numerous reinstalls of the aircraft and latest update.

I appreciate that I can use the radio units in the virtual cockpit but my home base is at Duxford in the UK where most of the closest NDB's have the decimal .5 frequency which can only be tuned via the popup

Any ideas ?

Best Regards
Simon

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Shift <6> radio frequencies not showing

Post by mallcott »

Radio also accessed through the F10 key. If the pop-up is messing there as well then I'd try a reinstall from scratch.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Simon,

Do you think it's FSUIPC which is causing issues again? (As with the P-51 radios direct entry mode we discussed back along?) Sounds like an unusual problem if the pop-up shift 6 window is opening fine, but the frequencies aren't being displayed when the radios are on. At any rate, I can't recall it mentioned before. It almost seems as if the 2-D panel thinks the radios are still off for some reason. :?

The only other culprit which springs to mind is font scaling issue or something similar in Windows (or even a missing font) although it seems unlikely this would affect just the frequencies.

I can't help much with troubleshooting right now as I'm working away from home, but could you post a screenshot?

Cheers,
Nick

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys,

I've tried re installing a couple of times but that doesn't work and removing the FSUIPC4.dll didn't work either unfortunately.

Nick, what do you mean by font scaling ? I have an ATI graphics card settings app installed which I have never used, is it likely to be something buried in there ? Also thanks for the help with the p51 :)

I'd like to post a screenshot but don't have the ability yet :(

Many thanks for the replies...

Regards
Simon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just wondered if any of the font sizing settings in Windows could be the cause Simon, though admittedly it's unlikely. Speaking of the ATI card, always worth making sure drivers are properly updated, though I haven't used AMD/ATI hardware in a while to know if there are any settings which are likely to cause issues with the A2A menus.

For posting screenshots, all you need is a free file/pic hosting account (e.g. Dropbox, Google, Photobucket etc.) as described here.

Cheers,
Nick

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Radios back to normal :-)

Thanks for the link and advice Nick and Mallcott.

I realised that the FSX screen that pops up when you hit <esc> and asks if you want to continue flying or exit had re positioned itself from the middle of the screen to the top left. So I assumed something bad had happened to the installation.

So I bit the bullet and re installed FsxSE and while I was at it did win10 as well.

Now everything is good and I can get back to flying around East Anglia using the NDB's

Regards
Simon

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”