P3D not working and all is broken

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Simmer64
Airman Basic

P3D not working and all is broken

Post by Simmer64 »

I read the manual and the FAQ section of the Commanche Tech Support; I liked the section labeled "P3D not working and all is broken".

Running P3D V3.4.14.18870, Simconnect V3.4 on an Alienware Aurora, i7 x980 3.3 GHz 8GB Ram with a GTX 670 4GB Ram and Windows 10. Using an older MS Sidewinder 2 joystick. I ran FS9 for years and built it up with commercial addon planes and many AI planes off the web. All uninstalled (except a rather large directory of AI). Decided to go with P3D. Brand new download. P3D default planes (Bonanza, Mooney, etc) work well, but wanted to try the A2A Commanche for P3D. It is installed, I have the views and windows, but it will not start. Master battery switch doesn't do anything; do not see instruments moving, no sounds and fuel pump switch doesn't make a sound. Starter and ignition do nothing. I have been thru the checklist for cold and dark and autostart many times, but zip. And...in the maintenance hangar with 0 hours use, the plane looks like a wreck, needing all kinds of work, but individual items cannot be repaired and the complete overhaul button does nothing. The configurators in the Tools directory don't work either.

A number of suggestions to make it work in this forum revolve around FSX; not sure if they apply to P3D so reluctant to do those fixes. I am hoping I have overlooked something really simple, like for instance the Commanche doesn't work with this version of P3D?? Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D not working and all is broken

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

Have you run the simconnect installer and restarted your system as noted in the FAQ?

The symptom your describing is due to missing simconnect libraries in your P3D installation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”