Comanche Landing gear will not retract

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bes1971
Airman

Comanche Landing gear will not retract

Post by bes1971 »

I.ve checked the faq's
Reinstalled latest Accusim
Carried out a complete overhaul in the hangar
Still have the same problem the landing gear stays down no matter what.

Checked out the Spitfire & that operates correctly

Any advice?

Thanks

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: Comanche Landing gear will not retract

Post by Mazo »

Check for a popped circuit breaker. There is a row of them just under the pilots yoke - click to remove the yoke to see the breakers better.

Hope this is your fix!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

bes1971
Airman

Post by bes1971 »

Silly me I totally forgot about those breakers,,,,I guess out of sight out of mind

many thanks

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Quick question , do you use the g key or like me a saitek sw panel , i got caught out once because of this , the gear sw in the comanche is a 3 positon , saitek gear lever 2 postions , this causes an out of sequence ,i now have a switch for centering the gear switch in the comanche and b17 so the saitek gear lever can still select up / dn.
regards alan. 8)
P.S. Put aircraft on jacks , batt to on , then in the vc directly operate the 3 pos gear sw with mouse , to see if gear goes up/dn.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
Quick question , do you use the g key or like me a saitek sw panel , i got caught out once because of this , the gear sw in the comanche is a 3 positon , saitek gear lever 2 postions , this causes an out of sequence ,i now have a switch for centering the gear switch in the comanche and b17 so the saitek gear lever can still select up / dn.
regards alan. 8)
P.S. Put aircraft on jacks , batt to on , then in the vc directly operate the 3 pos gear sw with mouse , to see if gear goes up/dn.
It should never get out of sequence if you operate the gear correctly and ALWAYS return it to the neutral position with a single opposite click of the 2-position switch.
Not in front of my gaming rig at the moment but is `return to neutral` not included in the after take-off checklist?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Mallcott.
I can assure you , that if you use the saitek switch panel gear lever it will go out of sequence , if you use a switch on say the ch quad then a double throw of the switch will get it back in sequnce , i was caught out once when i first flew it, and retracted gear , came to select down , it did not come down useing gear selector , ended up useing emerg gear down , thinking a2a had induced an emergency ,it was only after i landed i realised my mistake , and now have a switch to centralise the gear switch in both the comanche and b17 .
regards alan. 8)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Mallcott.
I can assure you , that if you use the saitek switch panel gear lever it will go out of sequence , if you use a switch on say the ch quad then a double throw of the switch will get it back in sequnce , i was caught out once when i first flew it, and retracted gear , came to select down , it did not come down useing gear selector , ended up useing emerg gear down , thinking a2a had induced an emergency ,it was only after i landed i realised my mistake , and now have a switch to centralise the gear switch in both the comanche and b17 .
regards alan. 8)
Could be because the switch is assigned incorrectly. It should be allocated to `gear up` and `gear down`, as appropriate for the switch direction, NOT the usual `Toggle Gear` function. But the centralise gear is a usable solution, too.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”