Loss of audio when in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bes1971
Airman

Loss of audio when in VC

Post by bes1971 »

Strange one this I have suddenly suffered a loss of audio when in VC in the Comanche in FSX.
In o/s view audio is present

Audio in other A2A a/c eg Cherokee works correctly so it seems to be something to do with the Comanche files.

I have tied to uninstall & reinstall but this has caused other problems, unable to raise lower u/c

To uninstall I just deleted the A2A Comanche folder I think this was maybe not the way to do it

What is the correct way to uninstall an A2A a/c as I am sure a reinstall from the saved installer then update Accusim will fix the problem

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Loss of audio when in VC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello - if the VC sound effects work okay in your other A2A stuff, I'd guess the culprit might be the little volume control at the bottom left corner of the shift 3 menu. If so, the reinstall might have been a bit drastic!

As far as the uninstall method, you'd normally just use the standard Windows add/remove programs option for this.

It's probably best to try this so that the uninstaller actually runs, then restart your PC and manually delete the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Comanche250\Update_fsx\client.wyc

Then reinstall using your orignal installer and apply the Accu-Sim update. If problems persist, also delete the contents of this folder:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250

Cheers,
Nick

bes1971
Airman

Re: Loss of audio when in VC

Post by bes1971 »

Thanks Nick, totally forgot about the vol control....never had to use it before

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”