Autopilot issue Input Config

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Autopilot issue Input Config

Post by bobsk8 »

I just got the Comanche and programed the autopilot master in the Input config and notice that it toggles the AP on for just a moment and then it switches right off again. The Cherokee does the same thing. No problems with the Cessnas. I have checked all assignments in P3D and FSUIPC and nothing else is assigned to Autopilot master. Any ideas?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Autopilot issue Input Config

Post by bobsk8 »

I think I solved the problem. When using a joystick key in the input configurator, the key acts as a toggle, press the key, the AP master turns on, release the key it goes back off. I then noticed if I assigned a keyboard key, in my case I used the letter M, then it worked normally. So what I did was to use FSUIPC to assign the joystick button to activate the letter M, and now everything works.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Interesting observation. I use the input configurator mostly for keyboard inputs (trim is the exception) and as you say, this works fine in both FSX and P3D. I wonder if the "double function" (i.e. the AP switch clicking on and then off) when using P3D with a hardware button is related to the issue described in this thread? Version 3 of P3D seemed to introduce some problems with the input configurator and A2A updated their products accordingly. However, perhaps subsequent updates to the P3D platform have screwed things up again. (i.e. A2A issued a fix for the original problem, then LM updated P3D so this fix became a problem? :? )

Anyway, good idea using FSUIPC to send a key press as a workaround! :)

Cheers,
Nick

sierramike0427
Airman Basic

Post by sierramike0427 »

Has there been any progress on this issue?
I can't get anything to work via the configurator. Also no FSUIPC button assignments work except for heading incr/decr and OBI incr/decr.
Axis assignments work ok, but I cannot control any lights or autopilot functions any way except with mouse clicks.
Keyboard entries don't work and key assignments don't work via FSUIPC. I have the P3D version of the comanche.
Sam

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If you can't assign any functions via the input configurator SM0427, and you use FSUIPC, the usual culprit is having disabled hardware controllers in P3D altogether. (See here for a recent discussion.) In spite of the issue with the AP master hardware buttons assignment described above, on the whole A2A's input configurator should work fine for P3D users, certainly for keyboard inputs.

Similarly, FSUIPC assignments should work fine in most cases.

To start troubleshooting, have you installed the most recent Accu-Sim update from here?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. For the benefit of Lewis and the A2A guys, the input configurator still seems to be a bit buggy in P3D, as described by the OP...

sierramike0427
Airman Basic

Post by sierramike0427 »

I found that there was a problem with the configurator (not saving the configuration.) I had do completely uninstall and do a clean reinstall to get it to work. I have it working good now using the button to key reassignment method mentioned earlier. The only issue with this method is that P3D has to have the focus in order to accept keyboard inputs. Using FSUIPC button inputs does not require that.

Thanks for a great product! Any chance you can do the same for X-Plane?
Sam

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”