Bug or real damage?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
florence
Senior Airman

Bug or real damage?

Post by florence »

Hi, for a while 'of time I noticed that sometimes even after all the pre-flight checks required even when everything is ok, during cruise flight I have a sudden and unexplained loss of power, without which I accomplish any task or specific maneuver unfortunately I can not take back aircraft stalls and falls to the ground , at this point I ask you, is a defect or is part of the real damage?
Thanks David

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bug or real damage?

Post by speedy70 »

Iceing again methinks.

Cheers Chris

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

florence wrote:Hi, for a while 'of time I noticed that sometimes even after all the pre-flight checks required even when everything is ok, during cruise flight I have a sudden and unexplained loss of power, without which I accomplish any task or specific maneuver unfortunately I can not take back aircraft stalls and falls to the ground , at this point I ask you, is a defect or is part of the real damage?
Thanks David

When you start to lose power try pulling put the carb heat as I think that your carb is icing up.
Hope that this helps you out.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

speedy70 wrote:Iceing again methinks.

Cheers Chris
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Tug002 wrote:
florence wrote:Hi, for a while 'of time I noticed that sometimes even after all the pre-flight checks required even when everything is ok, during cruise flight I have a sudden and unexplained loss of power, without which I accomplish any task or specific maneuver unfortunately I can not take back aircraft stalls and falls to the ground , at this point I ask you, is a defect or is part of the real damage?
Thanks David

When you start to lose power try pulling put the carb heat as I think that your carb is icing up.
Hope that this helps you out.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
unfortunately with Google Translate translation is a delusion, you do not understand anything .....
thanks anyway response
David

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

https://www.aopa.org/-/media/files/aopa ... .pdf?la=en

http://www.boldmethod.com/images/pages/ ... -chart.jpg

Note on the chart that icing can occur in a very broad range of temperatures and the highest risk at cruise power is mostly above freezing temps.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Oracle427 wrote:https://www.aopa.org/-/media/files/aopa ... .pdf?la=en

http://www.boldmethod.com/images/pages/ ... -chart.jpg

Note on the chart that icing can occur in a very broad range of temperatures and the highest risk at cruise power is mostly above freezing temps.
now it's all clear, very interesting the two links, I have carefully read, I have understood the problem, really thanks Oracle427
David
Last edited by florence on 07 Nov 2016, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Its the dew point as well as the temp , that you need to look at , if cold but dry then less likely to ice , than if cold and damp , hence when you have ASN weather it not only gives outside temp , but the dew point as well , take note of these prior to flight , it gives you a clue as to when you need to look at carb temps more closely , for signs of iceing.
regards alan. 8)

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
Its the dew point as well as the temp , that you need to look at , if cold but dry then less likely to ice , than if cold and damp , hence when you have ASN weather it not only gives outside temp , but the dew point as well , take note of these prior to flight , it gives you a clue as to when you need to look at carb temps more closely , for signs of iceing.
regards alan. 8)
Hi Alan, thanks for your help, I understand very well the problem, I have ASN weather and I have to always check before the flight in order not to fall to the ground.
DAVID

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”