accu-sim update installer problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TexasSteve
Airman

accu-sim update installer problem

Post by TexasSteve »

Hi,
I just reinstalled the Comanche. Had just purchased (I think) last year when my system went kapuut! I used the install file that I had saved. All went well and the plane is installed. But, when I ran the accu-sim updater, I got this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Warning! Comanche 250 Prepar3D V2 Files Not..
This installer cannot locate the required files to upgrade. A native Prepar3D VERSION 2 of the Comanche 250 Trainer needs to be installed first. You can find this version at the A2A Online Store or other merchants that carry A2A Simulations products.
- A2A Simulations Support Team
------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the original purchase details:

Order #692728 (Completed)
Order Date: Saturday 18 July, 2015 Order Total: $69.99
Products
1 x A2A Simulations - Comanche 250 Accu-Sim Bundle FSX/P3D Academic
- Delivery Option: Instant Download
For technical support with this product, please contact A2A/Shockwave Simulations. $69.99

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Steve

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: accu-sim update installer problem

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have P3D but did you let the 250 find the correct install path , or did you change this when installing , as this has caused problems like this for others in the past.
Regards alan. 8)

TexasSteve
Airman

Post by TexasSteve »

I twiddled around with both. As I stated, the airplane installed into P3D without a problem. How does a "staff Sergeant" not have p3d?
Best Regards, Steve

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Simple , i would end up haveing to repurchase all my aircraft , as a pensioner i could not afford that , also one of my favourite twin turbo props made by pmdg does not work in P3D , in case you dont know the aircraft in question , i refer to the JS41.
Regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Steve,

Which version of P3D are you using?

Sounds like it may be worth re-downloading the installer from whichever store you purchased from, making sure you download the P3D version of the installer package, not the FSX one. A2A updated their installers to allow compatibility with P3D v3.4 when the platform was released.

Cheers,
Nick

TexasSteve
Airman

Post by TexasSteve »

Hi Nick,
Thanks,
I'm on p3d 3.3.5.17625. The downloadable installer showing up in my account at the vendor says 0 downloads left. 99% sure I only downloaded once when it was first purchased. I'm sure it's just a lapse of time thing. Also, 99% sure I purchase twin versions for both sims. The store wants to charge for a new download link. That just didn't seem right.
Thanks, Steve
PS, the airplane IS installed and working. I haven't yet had a chance to do any flying in it yet.. Just brought it up on the ramp and checked all the views and controls all seemed to be there. Nice plane. I'm stoked! So, the only issue is trying to run the accu-sim updated on it.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

If you're using P3D v.3.3 it sounds like you definitely need to try and get hold of an updated installer. I believe A2A re-released their installers for P3D v.3 in early Oct 2015. If your installer predates this, chances are the updater isn't seeing the files it expects to which is why it refers to "Prepar3D v2" instead.

Not sure which online store you used, but maybe you'll need to go their customer service to get your downloads 'reset'. I'm sure Lewis from A2A will chime in once he's back online.

Also worth double-checking that this is the Accu-Sim updater you're running; not an older package you had saved?

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. There's a typo in my previous post where I wrote "P3D v3.4" instead of "P3D v.3"!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

make sure you install the P3D installer. Any downloads that need activating on the A2A store let me know the order number and ill get that activated.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TexasSteve
Airman

Post by TexasSteve »

Hey Lewis!
Where ya been man? ;-)
The comanche combo fsx/p3d came from fspilotshop.com. . Order Number: 692728
**********@yahoo.com
Detailed Invoice: https://www.fspilotshop.com/account_his ... _id=692728
Date Ordered: Saturday 18 July, 2015

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x A2A Simulations - Comanche 250 Accu-Sim Bundle FSX/P3D Academic (ATS-200) = $69.99
Delivery Option Instant Download

I believe it only was giving an options of p3d v1 or p3d v2; therin probably the problem. Hoping you can shoot me a link PM, I guess for a newer installer?

As soon as that's sorted and another unrelated issue, I plan on reinstalling Accu-Feel for all the other aircraft. I don't have handy, but, I can get you the purchase details on that. Any heads up on what problems I'll likely encounter on that reinstall, as well, would be appreciated.
Best regards, Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Ahh ok that explains whyt he order number wasnt valid, I can only activate and sort downloads for A2A store customers. If you purchased from another vendor you will have to go to your store of purchase.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TexasSteve
Airman

Post by TexasSteve »

Hi Lewis,
Still haven't resolved the installer issue. Can you help me (us) decipher what's going on here, please? I am so confused with this issue. Here's an excerpt from my support ticket with fspilotshop.com:
..Thank you, Steve

Date: 2016-11-08 11:53:49
Name: Customer Support
Hello Steve,
Thank you for contacting FSPilotshop.com.

I just downloaded the files directly from A2A and the files are dated September and October of 2015 and are all version 1.0.0.0. This tells me that A2A has not yet updated the files, at least not for public release (perhaps they are in testing?)

At this time it looks like the Comanche does not yet support P3D v3.

As soon as they update it, we'll get the files updated on our site, then you can just redownload them.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,
FSPilotShop.com Customer Support

*** Great Deals on FSGeneis, Abacus, Area 51, MegaScenery Earth, Razbam and more! http://www.fspilotshop.com/specials.php ***

Was this reply helpful? yes / no

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Steve, check PM.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

TexasSteve
Airman

Post by TexasSteve »

To all who chimed in,
Thank you! Scott got me all fixed up. New install and all is good!
Best regards and friendly skys,
Steve

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”