how do you turn the planes sounds up?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sandi
Airman First Class

how do you turn the planes sounds up?

Post by sandi »

Hi, bought the 250 yesterday, and i am semi-sure it works. when i say as i do, it is because, there is no engine sounds when i fire it up, I have the same problem with the cub all of the internal sounds are off, too.
Question, since i can’t use the menus in the sim, are there a file somewhere on the hard drive that controls the sound volumes i can edit?
Aside from this , beautiful airplane. I have couple input config questions too, is that just for the gps, or something else, too?

/Sandi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: how do you turn the planes sounds up?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sandi,

The internal sound effects (The Accu-Sim sounds) should play through whichever audio device you have set up as default in MS Windows itself. Note that this can be different to the device you've got assigned in the FSX sound setting window. Unlike with most FSX aircraft, the internal sounds effects aren't .wav files but instead they're encoded in a "Sounds.pk" file which can't be edited by the end user as far as I'm aware.

However, the volume of these Accu-Sim sounds can be controlled independently through the shift 3 pop-up menu. There's a volume control at the lower left just below the 'auto start' option, so to increase the volume to max you'd want to click the '+' a few times to make sure the slim grey bar extends across the box. I know from previous posts that you're almost blind, so not sure how you interact with settings in the simulator: is a via speech activated software?

The "Comanche Input Configurator" allow you to assign custom axis and key commands to various controls. The "Comanche 250 Aircraft Configurator" is a different tool which lets you integrate third-party add-on GPS units into the cockpit and use custom landing light effects.

One last thing: after installing the Comanche you should rerun the latest Accu-Sim update from here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

Thanks,
Nick

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Hi nick, right now i only have speech on some of the planes controls, so, no speech on the menus there is in the shift 3 menus. I did not think that would be a factor, i will update it , but i may end up having to reinstall everything so wanna wait little with that , thank you for the link. Though.
You are talking about a plus sign, when the pluss sign is on the right menu, will your arrow keys lower or raise the sound? the engine is on, at least the plane moves when i throttle up. And yes, can see light and shadows, not enough to interact with the screen, you might ask, how will i land if there aint a ILS? do what all girls do best! snicker.

/Sandi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

sandi wrote:You are talking about a plus sign, when the pluss sign is on the right menu, will your arrow keys lower or raise the sound?
No, I think the only way to adjust the volume is by actual mouse clicks on the menu itself. I think you'd need to do some additional programming with FSUIPC to be able to change the volume with key presses. By default it should already be at max though, so if you've no internal sound effects, you probably just need to check to see what your default playback device in Windows is.

Nick

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Got it sorted out, reinstalled it all, what i have to realize however is, back to square 1, clearly a2a’s coding does not match the variables i get oil temps and other from o,o.the planes takes off fine, climbs out also , semi fine but then it is downhill from there , applying Carb Heat does not help, the engine sets out, have not found out yet why.
Nick, thank you for the help, it is much appreciated,
/Sandi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Sandi - glad you've got the internal sound sorted. :)

As far as the sim variables go, the A2A developers created a lot of custom code to simulate various aspects of the aircraft's engine, systems and avionics. Because of this, it's generally necessary to use software such as FSUIPC4 to access the custom local panel variables (L:Vars) which they have defined. There's a handy list of the most useful L:Vars for the Comanche which A2A have published here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=47493.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”