GPS Wont turn on and buttons cant be pressed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ahmadchad
Airman Basic

GPS Wont turn on and buttons cant be pressed

Post by ahmadchad »

Good day, long story short I changed the radio stack from the default to one of the gps addons in the configurator and for the life of me no matter what I do I cant turn the GPS on. I've tried all of them and same result. So if anyone can help that would be fine.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: GPS Wont turn on and buttons cant be pressed

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi and welcome to the community.

What GPS did you try to use? The Comanche comes with a portable GPS295 mounted on the right side of the cockpit or a GNS400 mounted above the radios in the panel. You can select them though the shift+3 menu. All other GPS options are 3rd party addons. Did you install any of those?

The GPS295 is powered by batteries which can be empty. In order to charge them you'll need to go to the shift+3 menu and click "GPS battery". Maybe that was the culprit?

Also did you install the latest updater?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ahmadchad
Airman Basic

Post by ahmadchad »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Hi and welcome to the community.

What GPS did you try to use? The Comanche comes with a portable GPS295 mounted on the right side of the cockpit or a GNS400 mounted above the radios in the panel. You can select them though the shift+3 menu. All other GPS options are 3rd party addons. Did you install any of those?

The GPS295 is powered by batteries which can be empty. In order to charge them you'll need to go to the shift+3 menu and click "GPS battery". Maybe that was the culprit?

Also did you install the latest updater?

Thank you for your response and clarity. I switched it back to default and got the gps 400 and 295 on but i cannot plot a route and no I have not installed the latest updater.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ok. Well the default GPS's are just the FSX GPS in a different wrapper so to speak. So you get the same functionality as with the stock FSX aircraft with GPS.

You really should run the latest updater. Even if you just downloaded the plane somewhere or even on the A2A store it'll always be the original version. The updater doesn't only fix bugs it usually adds some more goodies to the aircraft that where added later. Check it out here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=41279

Just download and run as administrator and you should be all set.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”