NAV1 - Not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Bosko
Airman First Class

NAV1 - Not working

Post by Bosko »

Hi,

I've recently started having a problem with all my A2A planes. NAV1 never works anymore. I can tune it just fine, but it never actually seems to receive a signal. If I tune the same frequency in NAV2, it works perfectly.

I use the GTN650 & 750(depending on the aircraft) so I'm not sure if there may be an issue with that, but the NAV1 doesn't work even when I toggle off the GTN. This seems to be the case with every plane I have. I tried with the Comanche, C182, T-6, P-51 and B377. I suspect it's nothing to do with the GTN since with the B377 I don't even use it yet have the same issue. I just can't figure out what it could be, especially since it started happening when I hadn't changed anything.

I use P3D v3.2, Windows 10 and all A2A planes are up to date.

Any thoughts on what may cause this?

Thanks for any help!

-Brendan
A2A T-6, Comanche, C182, C172, P51 Civilian, B377, Cub.

shadyowl2
Airman

Re: NAV1 - Not working

Post by shadyowl2 »

I am also having a issue similar issue. Came on all of a sudden also.
Here is what I found
No GTN, everything works as it should
With GTN 750, Can not select nav2 in the 750's options. Nav 1 and Nav 2 audio selected on radio's and in the narco 135. With Nav1 selected in 750 options, it is Nav2 audio code audio.
All radio are on without the gtn selected so its not that bug as it was previous.
All Current updates to current
FSX Steam Edition
Flight 1 gtn version 1.05

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thats for the report guys. Can I ask how you are loading the aircraft, are you first loading a default aircraft prior to the Comanche?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

Loading default trike and default Cessna. Automatic cold and dark is turned off.

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

Yeah, I load the default F-22 in Prepar3D. I've confirmed it is related to the GTN. When I switch out the GTN in the aircraft configuration tool, then NAV1 works again.

I'll check with Flight1 and see if there's a solution somewhere on their site.

-Brendan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie and just to double confirm all the nav equipment is turned on prior to switching to the GTN in the aircraft config tool?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

Confirmed. All Avionics powered up. All equipment running, no issues in maintenance hanger.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

Click the obs button (I think) until it says VOR LOC or something instead of GPS this worked for me.

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

Hi UKJim,

Good thought, but unfortunately that's not working for me :( As long as the GTN is installed in the aircraft configuration tool, it completely blocks the NAV1 from working. It even doesn't work when I take out the GTN in the Shift-3 menu and just have the NAV/COM double stack.

It only starts working again when I completely remove the GTN with the aircraft configuration tool.

Maybe when I update to P3D v3.3 and get the 3.3 update for the GTN then it'll be fixed. Worth a try anyway.

-Brendan

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

UKJim wrote:Click the obs button (I think) until it says VOR LOC or something instead of GPS this worked for me.

Worked for me. Thanks Jim....

AlpineWarren
Airman

Post by AlpineWarren »

Having the same issue on my Cherokee and flipping back on the two OBS modes on the GTN650 does nothing.

Quick radio popup shows no frequencies at all on the panel... ??
-- Warren
-- DC9Captain

AlpineWarren
Airman

Post by AlpineWarren »

Figured it out! I had never actually turned on NAV/COM 1 so with the GTN 650 in place you can't do it - So reload with the stock GPS - Hit the radio master - Turn ON NAV/COM 1 and then leave all the radios on and use only the master switch when you load the GTN back in.
-- Warren
-- DC9Captain

hawx2k
Airman

Post by hawx2k »

Hello,

sorry to bring this up again, but I have the exact same issue but even worse: I can not get NAV1 to work at all any more, even when I switch back to the default GPS in the Aircraft Config Tool and reload the aircraft. No matter what I do - with the GTN750 installed and activated or deactivated via "Shift-3", or if completely uninstalling the GTN via the config tool, NAV1 remains dead.

NAV1/COM1 is switched on prior to switching to the GTN750. Of course when you re-load the plane it turns itself off again which I think should be the case.

I have now even completely uninstalled the GTN750, and the NAV1 receiver is still inop :/. NAV2 works.

In the C812T where I have not yet installed the GTN750 everything is still working fine. So some config file for the Comanche got messed up. But which one :)?

Oh, and a quick question: should we first load a default aircraft and then the Comanche in sim, or does it not matter which way around?

P3D v3.3, Win10

I hope anyone can help.

Thanks,

Jan

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

In the GTN Flight 1 config program which radio/ nav unit is it set for, Nav 1 or Nav 2?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jan,

Just in case the culprit here isn't related to the GTN750 installation, have you checked the circuit breaker for NAVCOM1? It's located under the switch for the beacon lights.
hawx2k wrote:Oh, and a quick question: should we first load a default aircraft and then the Comanche in sim, or does it not matter which way around?
Yes - you should ideally load a simple, default aircraft first to avoid issues with SimConnect initialising itself.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”