Saitek Panels BAT, GEAR, FLAPS (setup guide)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Re: Saitek Panels BAT, GEAR, FLAPS (setup guide)

Post by YoYo »

The first post was updated for manual after the Today new update core (28.06.15) - added landing left and right lights.
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

aeronauta
Senior Airman

Post by aeronauta »

The latest version has keyboard support , so use the sugestion shown in this post , only way it will work as the SW has a Off (Neutral ) position and unless you have a three pos SW it is not possible to operate. Also there is no Lvar for it.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/ ... ciavbg.jpg

Jorge

Buck
Airman Basic

Re: Saitek Panels BAT, GEAR, FLAPS (how to set up?)

Post by Buck »

aeronauta wrote:The variables list does not list the Gear Switch, I have been trying a few but with no luck...

Jorge

This one worked for me. You may have already discovered it. Hope it helps others.

L:LandingGearLeverPos=Set

Scott

aeronauta
Senior Airman

Post by aeronauta »

Scott thankyou , I had given up looking..

Jorge

Buck
Airman Basic

Post by Buck »

You're welcome Jorge. Here are some others that I found differ slightly from their Variable-PDF.

L:AudioComSwitch
L:DmeFunction
L:FSelComancheLeftState
L:FSelComancheRightState

Scott

aeronauta
Senior Airman

Post by aeronauta »

Thankyou...are you using Spad.Next?? www.fsgs.com/forum/spad-next

Jorge

Buck
Airman Basic

Post by Buck »

aeronauta wrote:Thankyou...are you using Spad.Next?? http://www.fsgs.com/forum/spad-next

Jorge
Actually, no. I came across this thread while searching for properly functioning FSUIPC fuel and landing gear macros. After a lot of trial and error, I felt compelled to post what worked here. I built an Almost Aviation panel awhile back and I wanted the switches to work correctly for the Comanche. My setup: https://plus.google.com/photos/10822071 ... 7889452433 and AA: http://almostaviation.freeforums.net/

I haven't had to use the SPAD drivers yet but it's good to know the support page. Thanks.

thefrog
Airman

Post by thefrog »

I'm not having much luck getting my Saitek Switch panel to work with this method unfortunately. I've assigned keyboard shortcuts for Gear Up/Down and Battery On/Off via the Comanche Input Configurator and I have tested them - they do work using the keyboard, but the Saitek panel does not respond to them, despite following the instructions at the top of this thread.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

thefrog wrote:I'm not having much luck getting my Saitek Switch panel to work with this method unfortunately. I've assigned keyboard shortcuts for Gear Up/Down and Battery On/Off via the Comanche Input Configurator and I have tested them - they do work using the keyboard, but the Saitek panel does not respond to them, despite following the instructions at the top of this thread.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
I'd suggest posting over at the SPAD Next forums as its back under active development at the moment.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

impearse
Airman Basic

Post by impearse »

Many thanks for posting this up YoYo. I've not dabbled much with the SPAD setup screens, so was glad tosee this here to give some hints. I never use FSX short-cut keys, so I think I might just blank out a selection from FSX itself and re-use them with the A2A configurator and SPAD, at least until SPAD.next is completed.

Racklefratz
Airman

Post by Racklefratz »

I've read about SPAD, SPAD.neXt, lvars, and all the rest, and I really have no interest in hacking my way toward getting my Saitek stuff to work. Wish I could just load drivers, assign controls, and go fly. Very frustrating.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Unfortunately, the hardware is hardwired to interface with FSX using the default parameters.

As A2A has extended the basic FSX product, the hardware must be redirected to work with the A2A enhancements. Saitek does not offer software to help you with this, thus the need to use SPAD, etc.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Racklefratz
Airman

Post by Racklefratz »

Oracle427 wrote:Unfortunately, the hardware is hardwired to interface with FSX using the default parameters. As A2A has extended the basic FSX product, the hardware must be redirected to work with the A2A enhancements. Saitek does not offer software to help you with this, thus the need to use SPAD, etc.
Yes, that about sums it up, apparently. Thanks for your forebearance - I purposely chose not to post a much longer rant that talked about my ownership of a real Comanche over 12 years, and the fact that having to fly this sim using a mouse and keyboard isn't much of a "simulation". I decided not to bore people with that.

But it is, what it is - frustrating. ;)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Racklefratz wrote:
Oracle427 wrote:Unfortunately, the hardware is hardwired to interface with FSX using the default parameters. As A2A has extended the basic FSX product, the hardware must be redirected to work with the A2A enhancements. Saitek does not offer software to help you with this, thus the need to use SPAD, etc.
Yes, that about sums it up, apparently. Thanks for your forebearance - I purposely chose not to post a much longer rant that talked about my ownership of a real Comanche over 12 years, and the fact that having to fly this sim using a mouse and keyboard isn't much of a "simulation". I decided not to bore people with that.

But it is, what it is - frustrating. ;)
SPAD Next allows use of the Saitek controls, please feel free to send your comments over to Saitek though maybe they can open up there hardware to work with more simulations out the box?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Bump this topic ;). Now I use SPAD next and I advice it for A2A addons.
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”