GTN 750/650 Installation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zentiger
Airman

GTN 750/650 Installation

Post by Zentiger »

I am having no success loading this into my P3Dv4. I have tried what I know- which is... little

Here is what I have tried thus far...

A) I have a 2017 R7 Alienware with the latest video card and plenty of RAM. I also have 2 drives. An SSD which I use for operating programs like Windows- and a much larger HDD drive where I keep most my data files and flight sim programs like P3D as well.
B) The aircraft I have been trying to start using the GTN with- is an A2A Comanche which I just purchased.
C) I downloaded the GTN program and put in on the D drive- where P3D and A2A is installed. Seems Ok. At least the GTN screen shows up on the aircraft panel. It will not light up or start.
D) The next installation step for the GTN - for the data and Trainer installation- I left on the C drive- as when I put this in on the D drive the program installation could not fine the pathway. ( I deleted it and reinstalled it on the C drive.)
E) When I open the Trainer activation icons in the file (IN C) - the GTN trainer screen activates- so there is some connection.
F) I cannot get any activation on the aircraft. Obviously I am doing something stupid- and don't know enough about installing software to know what.

Would appreciate some assistance. I am not particularity experienced with programs and installations. I probably should have just kept it simple and followed roads and train tracks.. but I thought maybe I could do better. :?

THANK YOU for any assistance.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Re: GTN 750/650 Installation

Post by UKJim »

Did you go into the A2A aircraft configurator?

In the start menu navigate to A2A and go into the Comanche configurator programme. From here click GPS and select the flight1 GTN750.

Start sim and have a look.

Good luck

Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

UKJim wrote:Did you go into the A2A aircraft configurator?

In the start menu navigate to A2A and go into the Comanche configurator programme. From here click GPS and select the flight1 GTN750.

Start sim and have a look.

Good luck
Thanks. Wish it would be that. I see the GTN on the panel and the radios seem to work fine. What does not light up is the GTN screen. DO I have to turn it on somewhere? Sounds stupid- but at this point, the plane is already running and the avionics power is on.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Zentiger,

Please can you just confirm for us if it's the Flight1 version of the GTN you've purchased? And have you managed to get the GTN working in P3Dv4 at all? (for example, in default aircraft as a pop-up.)

If not, then Flight1's own support forums are probably the best place for you to start.

Thanks,
Nick

Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

Thanks. Got it fixed with F1.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Happy to hear it - thanks for the update.

Nick

JerseySeven
Airman

Post by JerseySeven »

Zentiger wrote:Thanks. Got it fixed with F1.
Can you tell me how? I've got a similar problem with the Flight1 430. Used the Comanche ac configurator and the device shows on the panel, but is inop.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

JerseySeven,

One thing you could try (assuming the F1 GNS 430 is installed and working in other add-ons) is to use the Shift 3 menu to switch to the "no GPS" option in the Comanche, then make sure the default Bendix King radios are both powered-up before swapping back to your GNS 430.

Thanks,
Nick

JerseySeven
Airman

Post by JerseySeven »

Thanks Nick. Turns out the problem was that none of the A2A aircraft were showing up in the Flight1 install app. I reinstalled it and was able to select the Comanche. Works fine now. Problem was never on A2A's end.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear the issue is resolved anyway, and thanks for the update.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”