The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: GPS/NAV toggle
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 am 
Technical Sergeant

I have no problems using the autopilot and GNS 400 in the Comanche except that I would like to have the GPS/Nav toggle operated from the key board instead of mouse clicking it. I have a key set for the toggle but it doesn't operate the toggle, so how do I do this?

Post subject: Re: GPS/NAV toggle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:50 am 
Chief Master Sergeant

Hello Steve - can't recall if you use registered FSUIPC, but looks like that's what's needed to assign this function to a keystroke in the Comanche. More info on this here.

Thanks,
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 pm 
Technical Sergeant

Thinks Nick. I thought that might be the case. I do have a registered copy but never got into it much. I guess it's time to learn something new.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:59 pm 
Chief Master Sergeant

If you're not too keen on the more complex aspects of FSUIPC Steve, the free LINDA add-on to FSUIPC may be worth a look for assigning controls such as this one: http://fs-linda.com/.

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:20 pm 
Technical Sergeant

I have spent close to 8 hours trying to make this work with no progress what so ever. My problem seems to be that what I am trying to do is way too simple for FSUIPC4 or Linda or even Lua. What I am trying to do is the simplest possible thing that can be done with one of the most common controls in FSX. All I want is to have the Nav/GPS toggle move with one key stroke. If I can make that work then I can build up from there. There is a native command in FSUIPC "Toggle-GPS drives Nav 1". it does not seem to do anything. Nor will FSUIPC recognize any of my attempts to create a Micro no matter what file extension I use.

I'm going to go sand some balsa wood.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:23 am 
Technical Sergeant

Well I finally got FSUIPC to list my Macro, but it still doesn't do anything. Here is my Macro:

[MACROS]
1=L:GpsNavSelector=TOG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:49 am 
Technical Sergeant

Here is something odd. When FSUIPC lists my Macro it changes the text to 1comanche: L:GpsNavSelector Tgl
Not sure what to do about that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 am 
Technical Sergeant

Well, finally SUCCESS! I had to put the Macro under a Comanche profile in FSUIPC, and it only took 8 hours of trial and error.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 am 
Chief Master Sergeant

Glad you got it sorted in the end Steve and sorry to hear it was a bit of a struggle. I'd have chimed-in sooner but your posts were between 4am and 6am UK time! :)

The text macros should work just fine without having to use an aircraft-specific profile so not sure what the issue was in your case. The bit you mentioned where the FSUIPC UI shows "L:GpsNavSelector Tgl" is normal.

Cheers,
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 pm 
Technical Sergeant

Nick,
Its one way to learn new things. I have FSX really working well now on a system that is old and most would call mid or low level. Its very smooth with good frame rates. A big visual add on was the Scenery fixer with cloud shadows. Now that I have broken into FSUIPC I am going to get into re-doing my other controls will no doubt require more flaming.