Hard left banking

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Hard left banking

Post by guillaume78150 »

I loaded my usual "Comanche" flight (not my FSX default flight).
I checked the aircraft condition, "Like new". I made the pre-flight as usual with no reported problems.
Engine started, run up as usual. I applied power to take off and, reaching 60 mph and with the wheels still on the runway, the aircraft started to bank on the left. I reduced power, cut off the engine and re-checked, nothing wrong.
Engine restarted, acceleration and it banked left again. This time, I let the aircraft gain speed, once airborne and with the stick fully to the right, she started a left roll...
I closed the flight (without saving of course), loaded another saved flight, nothing wrong... I reloaded the saved flight, the aircraft took off with no problems.
Any idea?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Hard left banking

Post by Oracle427 »

Probably some bad state for some variable in that saved flight. Do you ever re-save that default flight? If so, I would recommend not doing that and keep that stable saved flight parked away as your starting point for launching add-on aircraft.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Thanks.
So, the correct procedure is to start with a standard FSX A/C (Cessna, B58 whatever) and, once launched, to switch to the Comanche ?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Yes

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The default flight should be a default aircraft for sure.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks.
I always start FSX with the last flight saved from my last session, with the Comanche.
But the FSX "default" flight is a different one with a standard FSX A/C I never use. Is it correct?
Starting FSX with a different flight to switch to another one is a time consuming process.

G.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If you prefer not to take the time to follow the correct procedure, then you can fly with this hard left banking. :)

This procedure applies to all add-ons that use custom variables to extend the simulator capabilities. If the sim is initialized with a non-default aircraft you can run into a series of issues, some subtle, some not.

What I do is pick the airport, launch with a default aircraft, then u switch to the A2A aircraft once the sim had loaded. It's a few seconds at most.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

What you call "Default" flight is then the last flight you've made, not the flight saved as "Default" in the sim.
I have been using it this way for nearly 2 years and it's the first time it happens.

"Few seconds..." Not really, I use a 7 core HP with 8 Gig memory and it takes nearly 2 minutes to load. I guess Orbx scenary takes its toll.
Well, no big deal when you start a 3 hours flight anyway. 8)
Thanks.

Guillaume

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Guillaume,

FSX should be pretty forgiving about loading an A2A aircraft from the "Free Flight" UI, providing you don't have the A2A product saved as part of the default flight.

I use the "disable preload" tweak in the FSX.cfg to prevent the sim from preloading aspects of this default flight. With this entry active, I've never had problems starting with A2A (or other complex) add-ons. I guess it's possible this could help in your case too...

Code: Select all

[Main]
DisablePreload=1
Loading as Oracle mentions is generally recommended though: there's probably less chance of a conflict between the A2A persistent aircraft behaviour and the aspects of the aircraft's config which are set by the FSX *.FLT file.

Cheers,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

guillaume78150 wrote:What you call "Default" flight is then the last flight you've made, not the flight saved as "Default" in the sim.
I have been using it this way for nearly 2 years and it's the first time it happens.

"Few seconds..." Not really, I use a 7 core HP with 8 Gig memory and it takes nearly 2 minutes to load. I guess Orbx scenary takes its toll.
Well, no big deal when you start a 3 hours flight anyway. 8)
Thanks.

Guillaume
Without trying to parse words here. The procedure is:
Load a flight with a "default/stock" aircraft that is provided with the simulation.
Once in sim, switch to the A2A aircraft.

It should not take anything more than a few seconds to switch over to the A2A aircraft. Do not reload the flight with the A2A aircraft, that will take time and does not achieve the desired result.

As I said, the issues can be subtle. I found that I had handling issues in slow flight that I wrote off as limitations of the A2A model. Once I started initializing the simulation with a stock aircraft, the handling issues went away and the aircraft performed more realistically.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Will do.
Thanks.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Let us know if it helps!

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Yes of course.
Remaining question is how do you cope with multiple legs flights ? On cross-country flights, you have to save the flight in order to retrieve the A/C at the same place the day after... Or did I missed something ?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Pick the airport where you left off from the menu. Unfortunately, saving the flight is prone to lead to trouble.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I always save my flights and I almost never have any problems. I never ever save them as my default flight. My default flight is saved with the FXS C172 at EGKA in a cold and dark state. In the free flight menu I simply load saved flight of my choice and prepare for takeoff.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”