Sharpness Issues?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Aceman
Airman First Class

Sharpness Issues?

Post by Aceman »

Hi guys..

I just purchased the 250 using 3PD v4. Everything works great but I noticed that the cockpit does not look as sharp as can be. Is there a setting that I can change? I bought a new PC using a GTX 1070 card. Alianware PC.

Thanks!

Aceman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Sharpness Issues?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

nothing on our end but you will want to make sure you correctly setup your P3D settings.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Turn OFF FXAA in sim
Tune the AA and texture res in sim

What are your settings?

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

In the P3D 'Display' settings - change the following...

FXAA = Off
AA = 4xSSAA
Texture Filtering = Anisotropic 16x
Texture Resolution = Ultra 4096x4096

This should help :)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

UKJim wrote:In the P3D 'Display' settings - change the following...

FXAA = Off
AA = 4xSSAA

I doubt a GTX 1070 can run 4096x4096 textures, although it depends on other settings.
Might want to try 2048x2048.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

mallcott wrote:

FXAA = Off
AA = 4xSSAA

I doubt a GTX 1070 can run 4096x4096 textures, although it depends on other settings.
I have a GTX 1070 8GB and with the settings above and almost max settings in p3d v4, runs perfectly fine. It's a great card so I'm not sure if you're getting mixed up with a different card?

Aceman
Airman First Class

Post by Aceman »

WOW! Thanks! you guys! It looks tons better! I got my 1070 on ultra 4096x4096 settings and getting 70 fps! You guys are the experts and glad you were able to help me. :lol:

I have the GTX 1070
I7/7700 CPU
32 Gigs of RAM
512 Gigs of SSD

Aceman

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

UKJim wrote:
mallcott wrote:

FXAA = Off
AA = 4xSSAA

I have a GTX 1070 8GB and with the settings above and almost max settings in p3d v4, runs perfectly fine. It's a great card so I'm not sure if you're getting mixed up with a different card?
No, I am experienced in this area and you are not.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

mallcott wrote: No, I am experienced in this area and you are not.
Yawn - I love it when you meet these 'experts' on forums. All I know is I have the same card and performance is great, so who cares about what your 'expert' opinion is - my sim is looking great and smooth.

Just to add - the guy did what I said and yet another satisfied customer with the 1070 on 4096x4096 Ultra textures.

Have a nice day now ;)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

I run 5 installations; 2 with 1070's. Neither can run 4096 textures and retain a consistent fps. But like I said, it's as much down to other settings.
If you use high-def textures you always need to be aware of the trade-off. So when the sim starts to chug because you've used up the VRAM you will know the settings to cut back on.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

mallcott wrote:I run 5 installations; 2 with 1070's. Neither can run 4096 textures and retain a consistent fps. But like I said, it's as much down to other settings.
If you use high-def textures you always need to be aware of the trade-off. So when the sim starts to chug because you've used up the VRAM you will know the settings to cut back on.
All I am going on is my experience and all I know is my build runs a constant 30 fps using high res textures. I also change my monitor to 30 htz with vsync on with triple buffering. Unlimited target fps too. It just seems to work. As ever with flight sim everyone's experience is different even with similar hardware.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

UKJim wrote:
mallcott wrote:I run 5 installations; 2 with 1070's. Neither can run 4096 textures and retain a consistent fps. But like I said, it's as much down to other settings.
All I am going on is my experience and all I know is my build runs a constant 30 fps using high res textures. I also change my monitor to 30 htz with vsync on with triple buffering. Unlimited target fps too. It just seems to work. As ever with flight sim everyone's experience is different even with similar hardware.
As I say, it depends on other settings, but it's worth remembering this conversation when the new overheads in P3D v4 start to translate to high definition textures, sceneries and engorged addon loveliness. As it stands, it's still relatively easy to utilise 8gb of VRAM with V4 and it's addons in their current resolutions.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Malcott,

Your point is well taken, which is basically "it may work but if it doesn't, at least be aware that you may be pushing it too far in other areas" and that is a good point. But I think UKJim's point really is with your needlessly rude comment "No, I am experienced in this area and you are not." The fact is you don't know who he is or his experience and you (or anyone) don't know all there is to know on the subject. And my point is please keep things civil; we all have things in our lives that make us want to vent, but don't do it here.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”