Update for Comache 250 from 3rd Party Vendor

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
ultraclassic826
Airman

Update for Comache 250 from 3rd Party Vendor

Post by ultraclassic826 »

Hi I am trying to update the Comanche 250 from FSpilotshop with no success. The last update on their site is as follows, File Last updated: Friday 15th June, 2018 @ 08:35 am. I Have contacted the store 3 times and all three times was given an excuse as to why it was not updated and my ticket was closed: still no update! I have 5 different A2A purchases from this vendor and the story is about the same for all 5, it's like pulling teeth to get an update. Last night I received an email from the A2A Simulations requesting me to post here for support, hope I am in the right spot! This is kinda sad that some vendors do not get the updates outs, any future purchase will be made from the vendor, these aircraft are not exactly cheap: well worth the investment just need timely support from 3rd party vendors who gladly take our money and sometimes fall off the face of the earth leaving the customer holding the bag trying to get support, no very professional or ethical. Please help I would like to get my aircraft updated. By the way the 182 purchased from the new A2A Store no problem with updates very smooth transition. As of Christmas Eve still no response from the 3rd party vendor!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Update for Comache 250 from 3rd Party Vendor

Post by Oracle427 »

What sim platform are you using? If you use FSX then the updates can be downloaded from this sticky topic.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

If you use P3D, re-downloading the software from the vendor should provide you with the current A2A software, subsequent updates will likely be provided with an integrated updater package, though I'm not sure if that has been distributed for the Comanche yet.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ultraclassic826
Airman

Thanks for the reply but did you notice the date I posted, last update June 2018 from the FSPilotshop: it is not updated on their site. My platform is P3Dv4.4

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I did and that date sounds just fine to me. I don't believe A2A has published an update to the Comanche in that time. I could be wrong of course! Have you downloaded and installed it again and verified the version number in Add/Remove Programs? Doing so will not destroy your airframe hours.

ultraclassic826
Airman

Oracle I did receive a message from A2A indicating an upgraded download to give the 182 Cessna and the Commanche a rain effect on the windshield. I may have misinterpreted this message from A2A. As far as 3rd party vendors go they do not do the new upgrade feature that A2A has started on their new site, the auto update id for aircraft purchased from A2A, which is very nice! I am currently on the update from the posted A2A Aircraft from FSPilotshop which is dated June 2018. As of now I do not get the new rain effect on the windshield...I could be really mixed up on this one and ranting about nothing, hope not!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

That rings a bell on the rain update. I'm pretty sure other 3rd party vendors are offering the new download as we've seen other members report success in downloading and installing. It's the first I've heard of FSPilotShop having issues though.

So did you actually try to download the file again anyway? The date could be incorrect and it isn't the first time this has happened at a vendor where the file date did not match but the update was provided. It is worth a try in the meantime as there is no risk.

After the install you should see the version number reported as the ones in this topic in your add.remove programs window.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=65531

Appears to be 18.11.30.0 for the Comanche

Try the download and install to see how you get in in the meantime.

BTW, where do you see the file date? Is it only in your account or elsewhere in their online store?

ultraclassic826
Airman

Oracle you are correct sir I will try it and see if it has been updated, as you say nothing to lose. Talking with FSPilotshop they pretty much said they have not gotten around to updating it and would look into this! Very unfortunate that this vendor is not always on top of updates, lesson learned on my part for sure! Confirmed with a reinstall the A2A Commanche has not been updated on the FSPilotshop website. The A2A 182 has the excellent rain effect on the windshield and the Commanche 250 does not have the effect thus it did not get updated on the FSPilotshop web site: very very frustrating, I am hoping A3A can help me get this updated to the new rain effect on the 250.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

That's a shame. I was holding out hope it was just a weird issue with their site. I'm sure the A2A folks will send it a chaser to get their site updated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi ultraclassic,

Please can you just confirm the exact filename of the .exe file you downloaded today, and if possible its file version number too?

You should be able to verify the version number of these file by hovering the cursor over them and reading the information in the box which pops up.

If this info shows "Version 1.0.0.0" it's definitey the old installer. Note that the newer installers also display with the A2A logo as pictured above.

Thanks,
Nick

ultraclassic826
Airman

Hi nick thank you for responding I am jumping in the sim to find the installer right now and will post back in just a minute with my findings sir.

ultraclassic826
Airman

Nick, this what I am showing on todays installer from FSPilotshop:

File Version 18.4.220
Date Created 6-15-2018 @ 9:03 AM
Size 197 Mb

Ran this version and have no windshield rain effects.

ultraclassic826
Airman

Nick and Oracle you guys have solved the issue! The update on FSPilotshop is dated June 2018 and that is where I went wrong. I looked at the date and did not install thinking it was the version without the rain effect. When I did a reinstall good ole A2A installer chimed in and said. "Hey here are the new Rain Effects"! It is up and running and now I have water sliding down the windscreen. I guess the term, updated in June 2018 totally threw me! Getting older and not paying attention on my part led me to this mess. Any purchase going forward will be done at your site! Oracle you called it sir and I thank you! Don't go by just the date, iy could be wrong! Nick thank you also for showing me the correct version! Many thanks to you both and Merry Christmas.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for checking.

That is indeed the latest version of the installer. When you installed, was your PC connected to the internet? If so, the installer should automatically download any updates at the point of installation. At the time of writing this would bring your installed version up to 18.11.30.0.

You should also have a "Check for Updates" icon in the Windows Start Menu. For more info on this, please see here. If the updater isn't available, the most likely possibility is that some antivirus software running on your PC quarantined it at the point of installation.

Please can you check the Windows Start Menu for that icon and let us know if it's there?

Thanks,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi ultraclassic - just seen your latest post which you were writing as I typed mine. Very happy to hear that you've now got the rain effects and thanks for the kind words.

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Nick

ultraclassic826
Airman

Man Nick, this time I got the updater and life is good all looks good so far! If Santa is worth anything this year he should bring me the New Mustang, if he does it won't be sitting in the hanger! Again thank sir the latest installer did the trick. Oh yeah, Happy New Year to you and yours!

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”