Question about p-factor, yaw and roll etc

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Question about p-factor, yaw and roll etc

Post by Gabe777 »

So, I am considering getting rudder pedals to complete the GA experience.

I currently have the Comanche, am buying either the 172 or 182 at the weekend, and am looking forward to the Bonanza V !

So, how does this particular aircraft act in P3D v4 .... re roll and yaw etc due to prop wash, p factor and all that stuff ?

I usually have Realism set to 100 percent but have auto rudder ON.

What effects should I be seeing, would constant trimming be required if the AP is OFF..... ?

Thnx for any advice, but please keep it simple... my Phd is in Biology not physics !

(n/b I also have other GAs like Carenados and Just Flights..... unfortunately it appears that the former seems to have NO such effects at all, while the latter, seem to exaggerate them to the point of forcing many users to dial down the Realism settings in the sim, to zero !)
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Question about p-factor, yaw and roll etc

Post by DHenriques_ »

Gabe777 wrote:So, I am considering getting rudder pedals to complete the GA experience.

I currently have the Comanche, am buying either the 172 or 182 at the weekend, and am looking forward to the Bonanza V !

So, how does this particular aircraft act in P3D v4 .... re roll and yaw etc due to prop wash, p factor and all that stuff ?

What effects should I be seeing, would constant trimming be required if the AP is OFF..... ?

Thnx for any advice, but please keep it simple... my Phd is in Biology not physics !

(n/b I also have other GAs like Carenados and Just Flights..... unfortunately it appears that the former seems to have NO such effects at all, while the latter, seem to exaggerate them to the point of forcing many users to dial down the Realism settings in the sim, to zero !)
We realized early on that the left turning forces programmed into flight simulator were harsh and unrealistic. We have made every effort to correct that within Accusim. You should find these forces present and to be dealt with in our A2A flight models.
Dudley Henriques

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Gabe777 wrote:So, I am considering getting rudder pedals to complete the GA experience.

We realized early on that the left turning forces programmed into flight simulator were harsh and unrealistic. We have made every effort to correct that within Accusim. You should find these forces present and to be dealt with in our A2A flight models.
Dudley Henriques
Hi.

Thnx for your input.

So essentially, I should just keep Realism at 100 percent and then trim out any turning tendencies ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

A2A planes are made to be flown at 100 % realism settings, else some fm effects may not work as intended.

Only some planes have rudder trim, most of the time rigging alone will take care of any turning tendencies when cruising. During climbs and turns etc you just use your legs like you should :mrgreen:

For example if i handfly the 172 ( no cockpit adjustable rudder trim) and it turns on me when cruising, i adjust tanks or rpm until it stops. I would use rudder trim if something happened, like a control failure etc. Or my leg got tired :mrgreen: or the plane required it, like a mustang during take off/landing.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Gabe777 wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:

Dudley Henriques
Hi.

Thnx for your input.

So essentially, I should just keep Realism at 100 percent and then trim out any turning tendencies ?
Almost. Set the realism, fly the aircraft with the PRIMARY FLIGHT CONTROLS, then neutralize the control pressures with the trim. This is true for all trim adjustments made IN FLIGHT. The steps are always the same; NOSE.......POWER.......TRIM. You put the nose where you want it; then adjust the power; THEN you trim the airplane! A STRONG notation here concerning the left turning forces is that on takeoff you set the trim before the run (This is the only exception to the "trim rule") then make ALL correction needed for ALL disruption force with PRIMARY CONTROLS.
Dudley Henriques

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Thnx for that all.

Good stuff !

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”