Comanche Won't Turn during Taxi

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
HondaJet
Airman

Comanche Won't Turn during Taxi

Post by HondaJet »

Two questions:
1. How do I get this 250 to turn during taxi? Even using brakes it won't turn. I am running P3Dv4.3 now and had the same problem with v4.2. I have the accu-sim from October 2017.
My other A2A products turn without problems. I am using Saitek rudder pedals.
2. I bought this a/c from Realflightshop.com back in March and would like to know if I can get future updates via my A2A account also? That way everything is in one spot.
I can provide order info if you need it.
Thanks,
Jerry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche Won't Turn during Taxi

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jerry,

Have you tried re-downloading the installer from Realflightshop.com? New installers for P3Dv4 were released back in May. More info here.

Thanks,
Nick

HondaJet
Airman

Post by HondaJet »

Hi Nick,
I did another download this morning but have not had time to see if it helps yet. I should be able to find out by tomorrow.
Is there a way to merge that download into my A2A account?
Thanks,
Jerry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Jerry - for info, the version number of the latest installer (in its properties if you right click the *.exe) is 18.4.22.0.

I'm afraid we generally can't transfer orders made through third party stores to the A2A store. However, the new installers will deliver any future updates direct from A2A's server.

Cheers,
Nick

HondaJet
Airman

Post by HondaJet »

Unfortunately, all I get from properties of the v4 exe file. Comanche_P3Dv4_Academic.EXE - No version listed.
I will do the install and see if I can taxi.

Nick, I just tried to uninstall the old version in my P3Dv4.3 academic in the Programs & Features but the uninstall gives me an error about "may have already been uninstalled". The 250 is still in the sim, however.
I could not find an uninstall program in the A2A folders in my P3D Add-ons folder. Can I just delete the Comanche folder in there without causing problems?
Thanks,
Jerry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jerry,

If you're seeing this message when you try to uninstall with the old Comanche installer, the following steps will hopefully help you to uninstall successfully.
  1. Open a command prompt (you can access the command prompt by right clicking the Windows 10 Start Button).
  2. Type in the following command and press enter: cd C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Comanche250
  3. Then type the following command and press enter: unwise.exe co250.log
Note that the path shown above is the default installation path, so you may need to customise it if you installed to a different location. The image below shows these commands for my installation but using the example of the 182:

To be honest, if you prefer to just manually remove the Comanche folders in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A" you could do this as well.

Thanks,
Nick

HondaJet
Airman

Post by HondaJet »

Nick, Today I finally found out where Realflightshop.com hides the updated download files. I got v18.4.22.0 installed but I still can not get it to turn during taxi.
Every other A2A aircraft I had does not have this problem.
Is there something in the setup I have not done?
I am running Win7, P3Dv4.3, Saitek rudder pedals.
I sure hope there is an answer to this; I love the plane once it gets into the air. So far all I can do is load on the active runway and take off from there.
Not realistic so I sure would like to get this working.
Thanks for any ideas.
Jerry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jerry,

Do you have anything like FSUIPC installed which may be modifying your controls inputs in just the Comanche?

Also, please could you open the Input Configurator for the Comanche just to check that your rudder axis there isn't assigned to a different function.

Thanks,
Nick

HondaJet
Airman

Post by HondaJet »

Thank you for the help Nick!
I had been using my regular single engine set up in FSUIPC that works for all my single engine aircraft up to now. I took that out of the ini file and did a completely new setup for the Comanche and re-calibrated the rudders for it.
That seemed to solve the problem but my next flight will show if it is going to stick.
Your support is greatly appreciated.
Jerry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jerry,

You're very welcome and your latest report sounds promising. :) FSUIPC would always tend to be high on the list in terms of troubleshooting any control issues, but let us know if the problem returns.

Thanks,
Nick

Withashark
Airman Basic

Post by Withashark »

Hello guys,

at first, thank you for this excellent aircraft.
Second, sorry to reopen this problem.

I just switched from P3DV4.1 to P3DV4.3, so I just realize this problem.
Every aspect above is done, the automated updater find no more updates, but the aircraft still won't turn at taxi.
Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem, or do I anything wrong?

By the way, I have no idea where to find the version information of AccuSim.

Greeting from germany,
Rico.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rico and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you let us know if you're using the new Comanche installer for P3Dv4? If you are, it'll show the version number 18.4.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

The same version number can also be verified in the file properties of the installer .exe file itself.

Also, do you have any FSUIPC installed on your system?

Thanks,
Nick

Withashark
Airman Basic

Post by Withashark »

Hello Nick,

thanks for your reply.

I do use the version 18.4.22.0 of the installer.

My system is at follows.
CH Yoke / CH thrust lever module / CH rudder pedals / CH fighterstick --- all configurated with FSUIPC 5.1.2.2.
Saitek switch panel / Saitek frequency panel / Saitek autopilot panel --- all running with SPAD.next 0.9.6.25.

Do you have an idea?

Rico

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Rico.

There a couple of things you can try.

First, if you had a version of the Comanche installed using the original installer, there's a chance this left some 'core' files behind which may not have been overwritten. If so, a simple uninstall and reinstall with the new installer should fix the issue.

If not, please can you give it a try with FSUIPC disabled. Basically just place the FSUIPC5.dll in a temporary folder and then open the sim and use the basic P3D controls menu to assign the rudder axis. If the problem persists, at least we know FSUIPC isn't the culprit. However, if the issue disappears, we've identified a potential issue with the way FSUIPC is configured as the cause.

Cheers,
Nick

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

I have found with Saitek rudder pedals that it is necessary to assign them as FS direct, in FSUIPC.... as opposed to as a FSUIPC axis.... and then reset it in the calibration page.

Most of my addons will not recognise the pedals if assigned in the normal way via FSUIPC.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”