Any advice welcome on integrating the RXP or F1 GTN Gauges

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Glenn
Airman Basic

Any advice welcome on integrating the RXP or F1 GTN Gauges

Post by Glenn »

Hi, I run the Commanche on P3DV4 using a mixture of Air Manager, Mobi Flight and physical switches, encoders etc. As I use Track IR, I disable any pitch movement so all I can see is the top of the cockpit combing, windshield, prop etc, which you don't get if you just use the cockpit view. The upshot is that although the VC is there, you can't see it. All the Air Manager gauges run on the primary monitor.

I've got a couple of Lilliput 10" touchscreens either side of the primary monitor with a view to running some Garmin gauges on one or both of them but I'm struggling to make up my mind on whether to go for the 750 or the smaller units. On top of that, opinion seems to be polarised on whether RXP or F1 is the better option.

I'm quite happy flying IFR with the standard kit (even getting good at flying DME arcs) but sometimes it would be nice to reduce the workload. My only caveats are that I need something that can be installed to output on the Lilliput monitors, preferably permanently, (not having to undock on every startup) and that the performance and frame rate hit is low.

Any advice from anyone that has been through this tunnel and come out the other side would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Glenn

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”