Finally purchased a GA. And It Was Good!

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Finally purchased a GA. And It Was Good!

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello A2A'ers and GA'ers,

I have resisted the GA's for quite a while now. And now I'm not sure why :roll:

I spent some cash during the ORBX sale and had to take my new Comanche out to test the PNW scenery. :shock:

Cheers
Roger

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGwW9s3W54&t=26s[/youtube]
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Finally purchased a GA. And It Was Good!

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That’s money we’ll spend ( on both accounts I’d say!). But be careful those GA’s are terribly addictive :wink:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

You got that right, man!
Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Welcome to the GA club :) A bit different to your Connie and B-17 :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

The Comanche is my favourite GA plane, but you'll find them addictive. If you want something special, try the Cherokee. If you want something good in the back country and for short landing strips, try the Cessna 182. They're all different. Can't wait to see what the next release will be too.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Piper_EEWL wrote:That’s money we’ll spend ( on both accounts I’d say!). But be careful those GA’s are terribly addictive :wink:

Happy flying
Yessir, I'm really enjoying it. I have been hopping around in my neck-of-the-woods in the Pacific NW and beyond with the addition of all NA Orbx sceneries. The weather is nasty and I'm getting a lot of instrument time. Icing is keeping me on my toes too. :|
Lewis - A2A wrote:Welcome to the GA club :) A bit different to your Connie and B-17 :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis :wink: For sure a different ordeal than the Connie and B17. I didn't do much flying in them after work as I prefer 2+ hour per flights once I fire them up. With the Comanche it's no big deal to jump in and fly 60 miles or so up the coast or hop over the Cascade range into central Oregon.
Dogsbody55 wrote:The Comanche is my favourite GA plane, but you'll find them addictive. If you want something special, try the Cherokee. If you want something good in the back country and for short landing strips, try the Cessna 182. They're all different. Can't wait to see what the next release will be too.

Cheers,
Mike
I am truly enjoying the Comanche. It's fast enough to cover some ground and get somewhere but slow enough to kick back and enjoy the ride. Great flyer but always a challenge to land well. I think I will wait a bit before my next simulator expenditure. There will be more GA's down the road, a ways. I think I may have maxed out my good graces with 'The General' in the past week. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

WB_FlashOver wrote:I am truly enjoying the Comanche. It's fast enough to cover some ground and get somewhere but slow enough to kick back and enjoy the ride. Great flyer but always a challenge to land well. I think I will wait a bit before my next simulator expenditure. There will be more GA's down the road, a ways. I think I may have maxed out my good graces with 'The General' in the past week. :mrgreen:
The thing in GA is that you can make so many airports that are out of the scope of any bigger plane by default. If you do something like Orbx regions, you have hundreds of small airports in very scenic and challenging locations just waiting your visit! :)

Some of my favorite sim locations (and worth regular visits just when the weather allows) for GA are such like Skagway, AK (PAGY), Castlegar, BC (CYCG) and so many more of similar ones. And one ends up doing trips so relatively short that you can look up the locations along the way. It really sucks one in to the sim world! And while looking up these places, connecting that to the real one. :)

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”