ChasePlane motion effects

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
J van E
Staff Sergeant

ChasePlane motion effects

Post by J van E »

I am flying the Comanche again and bought ChasePlane in the meantime. I notice the cockpit shakes/trembles a little bit. Nice effect but I was wondering if I should disable all ChasePlane motion effects OR if I should use the default settings OR if there are any realistic settings for this: I like effects but I do want them to be realistic!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: ChasePlane motion effects

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Cockpit vibrations in this sim are a result of your power settings. In particular, settings around 2100rpm with the Macauley prop cause the most vibration. Changing to the composite prop reduces this effect, but better still, try adjusting your rpm to avoid vibrations. I usually cruise my Comanche at 23 inches MAP, and 1900rpm which gives reasonable speed and a relaxed cruise or you can try 2300 or 2400rpm and 25 inches MAP for a faster cruise, at the expense of fuel consumption and engine wear.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Thanks for the reply but my question was about the ChasePlane motion effects, not any effects of the sim or A2A itself. :wink:

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I use ChasePlane with the Comanche and don't have untoward vibration. In the ChasePlane window you probably need to go to Motion Effects - Aircraft - Engines - Tune and play with those settings (with the caveat that my understanding of ChasePlane is VERY incomplete).

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”