RPM ISSUE

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
StackableGold
Airman Basic

RPM ISSUE

Post by StackableGold »

So, Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I've never had this problem in all the time of flying the Piper Commanche 250 till now. At first it started up fine and I started taxing, Suddenly the rpm kept droping then stayed arouned 500... I restarted the engine and it remained at 500, Automixture is turned off as it should be. I even tried emptying the plane of fuel and put fuel back in it incase of fuel contamination. The plane was started up in rainyweather and then I changed to a diffrent airport to see if the rain was causing the problem and still didn't fix my problem. I even tried a overhaul of the engine still nothing. I haden't flown the aircraft in a few weeks, no warnnings in Maintnance hanger so I continued. I had managed to get it into the air once and as I was coming back down to land (at rainy airport) it started the same problem with the engine almost as if it wasn't getting enough suction. (PS i tried the fuel thing in non-rainy weather as well)

Screenshots:

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: RPM ISSUE

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Did you have any carb heat on , as it may have been carb icing causing issue , also if i dont use any A2A aircraft for say a month , prior to running engine , i change the oil and plugs as a matter of course , just in case of any issues that could be caused by these.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, my money would be on carb icing too. You mentioned starting with a rainy scenario and it's likely the simulated accumulation of ice would persist for some time, even if you reloaded the aircraft.

The solution, as Alan says, would be to use carb heat.

Thanks,
Nick

StackableGold
Airman Basic

Post by StackableGold »

Alright, thanks for the info!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup that sure does sound like carb icing

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”