Curious problem with position lights

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
florence
Senior Airman

Curious problem with position lights

Post by florence »

Hello, for the first time since buying A2A I have a problem ... my Comanche for P3Dv4 has 2 colored reflections of square shape, one red and one blue, on the sides of the wings near the position lights, a curious problem that I do not know what to impute, at night you notice a lot but also during the day, I'm sure this forum helps me to solve.
I'm sorry, I have photos fail to attach ....

Thanks Davide

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Curious problem with position lights

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again Davide. :) Add-ons which modify the effects textures could be one possible culprit. For example a program called 'SPAI' has been known to cause similar issues, as discussed here. Do you have anything like this installed?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. See here for advice on how to attach images.

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Nick M wrote:Hello again Davide. :) Add-ons which modify the effects textures could be one possible culprit. For example a program called 'SPAI' has been known to cause similar issues, as discussed here. Do you have anything like this installed?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. See here for advice on how to attach images.
Exactly, I installed SPAI .... it's just like in your photos, Nick sorry but how do you always guess everything? you are fantastic !! well now back to the problem, what do you think I have to uninstall SPAI? there is no other solution?

Thanks David

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the kind words but I just happened to remember this one because it's popped-up a few times. :wink: I know next to nothing about SPAI I'm afraid, but a quick Google turned up this, so perhaps this software isn't the most trustworthy? :|

Cheers,
Nick

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Nick M wrote:Thanks for the kind words but I just happened to remember this one because it's popped-up a few times. :wink: I know next to nothing about SPAI I'm afraid, but a quick Google turned up this, so perhaps this software isn't the most trustworthy? :|

Cheers,
Nick
Problem solved, sorry I asked the question before reading the solution you sent me, sorry I was wrong, I replaced the file fx_2 in the folder Effect with the original file now all ok!

thanks Nick you're a great !!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem! Glad you're back in business. :D

Nick

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

Good tech support isn't necessarily always about knowing everything there is to know.

It's also about knowing how to Google without them knowing about it. ;)

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, but now they do know Scav. My cover's blown! :mrgreen:

Nick

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Scav wrote:Good tech support isn't necessarily always about knowing everything there is to know.

It's also about knowing how to Google without them knowing about it. ;)
As a Linux Sysadmin, more accurately it's how to Google for the right terms with quotation marks in the right spots and be able to mentally discount and skip over useless or misleading links and information ;)

-stefan

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”