Required path

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
florence
Senior Airman

Required path

Post by florence »

Hi, I had to reinstall my Comanche on P3dv4, I noticed that the installation path is C / User / David / Documents / Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons, if I want to change the path and put in C / Program / Lockeed Martin / Prepar3DV4 this it is not possible ... obligatory path ... I would like to ask: can I leave the Comanche in Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons? no problem?

Thank you for your help

David

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Required path

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello David,

Yes - the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder in "Documents" is the default location for add-ons, so no problem to install to this location. This keeps add-ons separate from the core Prepar3D files and makes reinstallation and updating files a bit simpler.

Installing add-on aircraft in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" is not recommended and the A2A installers won't allow you to install "the old 'FSX' way". :)

Thanks,
Nick

florence
Senior Airman

Re: Required path

Post by florence »

Nick M wrote:Hello David,

Yes - the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder in "Documents" is the default location for add-ons, so no problem to install to this location. This keeps add-ons separate from the core Prepar3D files and makes reinstallation and updating files a bit simpler.

Installing add-on aircraft in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" is not recommended and the A2A installers won't allow you to install "the old 'FSX' way". :)

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick, once again a quick and sure answer .... great Nick compliments!

Thank you !!

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”