Repeat download

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Archive88
Airman First Class

Re: Repeat download

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
Thanks...no gas coupons?
Will check next time at the other house. Have come back to the mainland (other house is on an island in Puget Sound as a vacation place...yeah, I know lucky) and we've come back to the main place to finish recovering from the flu.
Should get back there in the next week or so (depending upon pathology) and will follow up with you.
I do have a fully functional Comanche at this house - where the more recent, faster computer resides, so I'm not ground bound.
Thanks for the great support. Will check in as soon as possible to continue the dissection of the problem.
Cordially, -=dcp=-

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
Am now back on the mainland where things are working well. As I mentioned it's the island version that has the problem. (I will check the Advanced animations when I'm back on the island.)

I am a bit concerned about your last comment re: maybe the problem of the 2-D panels will never be solved...at least that's how I interpreted your message. That does mean that eventually when the fuel runs out, and with no option to add oil or maintain the aircraft, my use of the Comanche 250 is over and I am left with a product that no longer works. No, I'm not raising a fuss, but that is a disappointing situation for a client to be in. The A2A product is wonderful, but this is a worrisome 'fly' or negative if it remains a possibility for A2A aircraft. And one wonders if this is A2A specific or if Carenedo (sp?) and other 3rd party aircraft have the same potential problem. Then again they may not use the same panel design or code.

Speaking of code: I presume the aircraft code somewhere sets a line 'fuelremaining = 0" when the tanks are empty. Wonder if one could directly access that line of code and reset it to '1' or 'full' or some equivalent? And where is "Shft 4" set to " = fuel/pilot" or some code address that gives each Shift selection a clickable image? Such as Maintenance Hanger, Maps, Fuel/Pilot, etc.

I have also wondered, if the problem is one that exists in FSX, if I did a clean install of FSX (with or without Accel - should Accel be avoided?) and then installed a clean version of the Comanche in that, if things would display now that MS Simconnect has been updated? Or do we even know?

I do appreciate the time you are investing in the problem. Would be nice to find a universal solution if this is not a difficulty unique to me.
-=dcp=-

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

This is not a product issue as I am using FSX with Acceleration with A2A products for years without issues. There is something wrong with your installation on the island PC that needs to be resolved. There is no reason to expect that the product will suddenly stop working.

There is no way to manually edit aircraft state.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Don,

Well - I'm glad to hear your mainland installation is still working okay. As for the island one, I didn't mean to imply it would never be solved, just that there "doesn't seem to be a surefire explanation or solution that I've seen". In other words, there are various possible culprits so something of a differential diagnosis is needed. (Speaking of medical terminology, hope you're continuing to make a good recovery from the 'flu.)

Unfortunately there are such a myriad of different add-ons that users have installed to FSX/P3D that occasionally these issues can be a little troublesome to unpick. Because I've never been able to reproduce this behaviour myself on FSX Acceleration, FSX-SE or P3Dv3 or v4, I can't offer any suggestions from personal experience.
Archive88 wrote:I have also wondered, if the problem is one that exists in FSX, if I did a clean install of FSX (with or without Accel - should Accel be avoided?) and then installed a clean version of the Comanche in that, if things would display now that MS Simconnect has been updated? Or do we even know?
Ultimately, a clean install of FSX (+ FSX Accel - there's definitely no need to avoid it) may be the best bet.

However, I think there are a couple more things we can check when you're back on the island before we have to resort to reinstalling FSX. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Oracle:
Not really implying a product defect, merely making an observation of variables that 'could' be involved. Just trying to figure things out from a remote outpost. And get things working again. I am a great fan of the product - that's why I'm so frustrated. (Now make a really good twin engine Cessna, eh? I really like to pilot low and slow, not high and fast. But I prefer hi and fast as a passenger, yeah.) Well. it does seem to me that the code exists somewhere. And therefore can be modified. It always can be worked on for updates and corrections. But, yes, it may be heavily protected/firewalled from outside mods and duplication. Understandable. Just trying to problem solve here, Oracle.

Nick:
Good. Will get back when I've returned to the the problem island. Thanks for the patience. l understand the impact of mods on the basic foundation program (in this case FSX). I have not made any real modifications of the FSX program itself...wouldn't know how to do so. And I've not made any significant add-ons to the basic program that have not been MS induced. So. We'll reconnect when I get back. Thanks.
-=dcp=-

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

which FSX version are you running?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”