Repeat download

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Archive88
Airman First Class

Repeat download

Post by Archive88 »

I purchased the Comanche 250 a good while ago. However I have recently run into a problem with my installed version, and would like to start again with a clean install...alas I've no backup. Is there a way for you to authenticate my purchase so I can download another copy?
-=don pearson=-

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Repeat download

Post by Oracle427 »

If you send a PM to Lewis with your order number he can reset the downloads provided you purchased it from the A2A store.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Oracle:
Thanks for the reply. I did get it direct from the A2A site (not steam, etc). But...order number...where do I find that? Do I remember that one had access to a finite number of downloads. Been awhile so my memory (including age) may be faulty. Appreciate the help. My problem with the present install is that I cannot open the various windows (eg, maintenance shop..and I pranged the bird on landing and thus cannot get it up and running.) Had some folks on the forum try to help but nothing works - thus, a clean install.
-=dcp=-

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you tried logging into the A2A store again? Your downloads will be available in there asking with the order number. You would have also received an email with the order number when you first purchased it.

If you can't see the windows when pressing shift-7 to open the maintenance hangar, you should check the display control panel for transparency and make sure that is set to 0%.

I don't know which thread you requested help on, but reinstalling historically hasn't been the best plan.

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Oracle:
Mea culpa - I just found a backup of my original 250 download...filed in a wrong place. But the info on obtaining a new copy if needed in the future is useful. Sorry to have bothered you. Still reeling from the flu.

We did work on the transparency issue and it was already set to 0% - nothing else seemed to help either. So I'll uninstall and reinstall.

Again, sorry to have wasted your time...and thanks. (avoid people with this A1 strain of the flu virus...its' terrible!)
-=dcp=-

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you verified the key mappings for Open/Close Panel 1 through 10? If those are lost, then you will not be able to open those menus. A re-install of the Comanche will not help there either.

Feel better!! I beat it a few weeks ago. Not fun!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again dcp and welcome back. This is the past topic you're referring to I think? Did you check to make sure your default startup flight uses one of the stock P3D aircraft, and not the A2A Comanche?

As Oracle says, reinstalling won't necessarily fix the issue unless some of the application files have been corrupted or deleted. Hopefully we can get you sorted though...

Thanks,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I also recall that flashing panels can have something to do with missing or corrupt service pack installs. However, I am not sure how much of an impact reinstall the service packs can have on the overall sun configuration.

This also assumes that Archive88 I'd not running Aceleration or FSXSE.

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Whoa, getting complicated:
Oracle:
"corrupt service pack install" Ahhh, well...who knows as the song goes...'Where or When'...maybe what?

"..key mappings for Open/Close Panel 1 through 10?" Sorry, dunno what this means and what/where to look for 'key mappings'.

Yes, Nick, I've returned a little the worse for wear. And yes, the default startup for FSX is that nasty gyrocopter. (Not P3D...FSX) I then change to the Comanche to begin to do any flying. As I have done from the beginning.
Thank you all.
-=dcp=-

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Oracle and Nick:
You guys were right on target. I loaded a fresh install for the Comanche, fired up FSX, selected that aircraft and found myself on the runway with a dead engine and a prop that looked like a wad of spaghetti. And shft+7 gave a flash of a black screen and nothing else. None of the other shft choices worked either. So. Something is fishy in a place I don't understand.
I am using FSX Accel but have been doing so right along without trouble for a couple of years.
So I'm still dead in the water (or on the runway). And still require some hand holding.
Cordially,
-=dcp=-

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yep, unfortunately Don if there's an issue elsewhere with the FSX install, simply reinstalling the A2A product won't help. Here are a couple of things for you to try...

1. As mentioned in the other thread, try reinstalling the SimConnect client.
Lewis A2A wrote:UNRESOLVED ISSUE
Miscosoft FSX Simconnect is necessary for all advanced programming to work properly. It can get corrupt from time to time and needs to be restored.

How to fix SimConnect:
You can test if simconnect is working by opening up the default Cessna 172 and check to see if you have gauges. If you do not have gauges, then SimConnect is probably not working.

AUTOMATIC
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
2. Try deleting the "Comanche250Log.dat" file in "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250". This will reset your aircraft's persistent state so you may wish to back up this file first.

Thanks,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Control mappings are found under

Settings->Other Settings->Controls->Buttons/Tabs

Select Event Category "Views"
Scroll down in the list to view the mappings for Panel Window 1 through 9 (show/hide) by default each of them are mapped to Shift+1 through Shift+9.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

As a last resort, there are the FSX Service Packs that can be reinstalled. These should only be run if you are using FSX (non patched with Acceleration) from a Disk. Do not run if you have Steam Edition.

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... Pack1.aspx
https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... Pack2.aspx

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Some fine progress:
1. Cessna 172 - all gauges work
2. MS DirectX is ok since on the reinstall I also did the 250 upgrade which checks DirectX
3. deleted Comanche250log.dat and created backup
3. Did the MS Simconnect and reboot - now have a flyable aircraft but Shft 1-9 etc do not work and the 'pilot' does not appear (could care less about that, but it's a feature that's missing; if that's important)
4. Checked mapping in Setup//Controls/Buttons etc and it seems set correctly for all Shft buttons, but nada - just a flash of black square once for each selection. No flash on subsequent pushes.
...so significant progress but don't know how to refuel :(

So you've been a great help.
-=dcp=-

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update dcp - at least you have a flyable 172 until the fuel runs out!

The issues whereby the 2-D panels (which are XML gauges) fail to appear is one that crops up from time to time and there doesn't seem to be a surefire explanation or solution that I've seen. The issue being linked to SimConnect is still possible perhaps, but if you've already reinstalled it, hard to see what else to suggest here.

Your note about the pilot not appearing may be relevant though. Could you check to see if "advanced animations" is ticked on the "graphics" page of display settings in FSX?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”