Fuel Management for Night (low light) conditions

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
wired521
Airman Basic

Fuel Management for Night (low light) conditions

Post by wired521 »

Hey everyone,

Even with the floods and adjustable spot I can't see the fuel tank selection switches at all during low light conditions. I'm curious how others are managing fuel during night flights; the best I've been able to do so far is fumble around with the mouse in the general area until I find them. Any suggestions?

All the best,
Matt

EDIT: I should have mentioned I'm using P3DV4

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Fuel Management for Night (low light) conditions

Post by ratty »

Fumbling and ToolTips have worked for me. I think we need a virtual flashlight.

wired521
Airman Basic

Post by wired521 »

ratty wrote:Fumbling and ToolTips have worked for me. I think we need a virtual flashlight.
Haha indeed - that's what I've been doing so far. Most of my flights are evening/night when I get home from work - for whatever reason I really like flying on 'real time'. I'm new to P3d, really wish they had something like that included.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Are you all yoking?

There IS a flashlight in the roof of the Comanche. It has even got a red filter to save your vision. :)

EDIT: Ahh. You mean the light doesn’t reach the floor? Hmm. I could swear I could use it for that purpose. Hmmm. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

wired521
Airman Basic

Post by wired521 »

Medtner wrote:Are you all yoking?

There IS a flashlight in the roof of the Comanche. It has even got a red filter to save your vision. :)

EDIT: Ahh. You mean the light doesn’t reach the floor? Hmm. I could swear I could use it for that purpose. Hmmm. :)

Yeah I didn't know about the red filter... but do wish it would reach the floor panel :). I'll continue to fumble around at night for now haha.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”