Saitek switch panel for gear

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Saitek switch panel for gear

Post by n421nj »

Got the saitek switch panel for Xmas. Have it set up for both Cessna perfectly and pretty good for the Cherokee. Setting it up for the Comanche is a challenge with the gear handle only having 2 positions. Anyone currently use this and how do you have it set up for the Comanche?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Saitek switch panel for gear

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I use my gear lever with the B-17, which also have a 3 position switch. With LINDA(freeware) I set it up to return the switch in the VC to neutral after the gear is retracted/extended, making it as simple to use as with the P-51’s. Unfortunately I don’t own the Comanche, so I’m not able to see if the code will work. What are you using to drive the panel?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

For the p51 and t6 it works perfectly
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

from memory you are looking at Linda or SPAD to get the best operation and mapping options for the Saitek hardware.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I’m using spad with fsuipc and so far so good. Just no third position for landing gear lever which kills some of the immersion factor of the Comanche however the panel has dramatically increased the immersion factor for the cessnas. I guess it’s a give and take like everything else.
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I use a mix of SPAD and LINDA for my Saitek panels, LINDA lets me customise things to another level compared to SPAD. I believe SPAD.next will do the same thing, but then you'll have to pay for it;-)

I use this code in my B-17 module:

function Gear_Up ()
--if state == 0 then
--while state == 0 do
if ipc.readLvar("L:LandingGearL") == 0 and ipc.readLvar("L:LandingGearC") == 0 and ipc.readLvar("L:LandingGearR") == 0 then
_sleep(3000)
ipc.writeLvar("L:LandingGearLeverPos", 1)
state = 1
end
end
--end
--end

function Gear_Down ()
--if state == 2 then
--while state == 2 do
if ipc.readLvar("L:LandingGearL") == 100 and ipc.readLvar("L:LandingGearC") == 100 and ipc.readLvar("L:LandingGearR") == 100 then
_sleep(3000)
ipc.writeLvar("L:LandingGearLeverPos", 1)
state = 1
end
end
--end
--end

Maybe this can be done smoother, but it works for me. I'm not sure if the Cmoanche uses the same varibles as the B-17, but it might be the same. THe free Comanche Module from the LINDA site does not support the Saitek panel, but if you request it, guenseli is a very flexible and nice guy(he is a member here as well) :-)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”