Serrated shadows

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Serrated shadows

Post by AKar »

Nick,

That's a rather cool tip. Thank you! :)

Now while we are on the shadows, do you happen to have a clue what causes the annoying cloud shadows flicking on and off with the camera movement, if you know the effect?

I was trying to fence that down when I had my sim last installed, but bending some spare time on the hobby, I just throw the question in the air! :)

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AKar wrote:(...) do you happen to have a clue what causes the annoying cloud shadows flicking on and off with the camera movement, if you know the effect?
Yeah, I think I've seen that too Esa, though to be honest I've never investigated the cause. I'll keep an eye out in future tho'!

Nick

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Post by n454mw »

Hu Guys, I need a little more information, I searched my p3d.cfg with the find feature and can't even find this entry in mine. What version of P3D is this in and if it doesn't matter where should it be placed to try it?
Mark
Thanks Mark

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mark - I'm using P3Dv4.1. Which version have you got installed?

Nick

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Post by n454mw »

Nick, I'm still on 3.4 which may be the problem. I found the correct entry point on the web and I'm trying it now.
Mark
Thanks Mark

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, could be that this setting isn't supported in v3 and earlier. Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Nick

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Perhaps it might be a good idea to create a pinned subject on P3D tips and tricks for those of us new to P3D, as it is clearly gaining ground on FSX in terms of numbers of people using it. You can be sure that this type of question will be asked again. Similarly, this would benefit those trying to add on planes and scenery for the first time. I'd suggest that this would be best pinned in the Pilots lounge forum.

Perhaps one for Lewis or Scott to think about??

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”