Re: Cockpit Vibrations

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
ssair1
Airman Basic

Post by ssair1 »

Ok, first off, I must admit that my issue may seem unwarranted and in no way am I criticizing the realism of your product. But is there a way to lower the effects of cockpit vibrations? I just tend to feel a little uncomfortable with the constant studders...

Kind regards,
Shelman

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Shelman,

I don't think there's a way to reduce the vibration at a settings level as such.

However, careful adjustment of prop RPM should reduce airframe vibration to the level that it's barely noticeable. Also, selecting the wood/composite MT propeller from the maintenance hangar should make the cockpit notably less prone to vibration. This is a benefit of the real MT prop I believe.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. If it's shuddering really badly, check the prop for damage! :)

ssair1
Airman Basic

Post by ssair1 »

Thank you, Nick; your suggestions alleviated my “issue” :) I guess the reason why I’ve been over-sensitive to the vibrations is that I’ve spent the last few days attempting to configure Prepar3dv4 for overall smoothness; been staring at pixels too much!
Kind regards,
Shelman

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good to hear Shelman - you're welcome. :) Yeah, it seems smoothness in P3D can be a bit elusive unless one is able to run the sim at a frame rate which exactly matches the refresh rate of the monitor.

Nick

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

ssair1 wrote:But is there a way to lower the effects of cockpit vibrations? I just tend to feel a little uncomfortable with the constant studders...
Welcome to my first few years flying my Comanche with the McCaulley prop, and so many other airplanes. So many vibrate and much worse than the Comanche with the McCaulley, but what you are experiencing is the same uncomfortable feeling I and other pilots feel. So your post here makes me feel good that we've accomplished that realism and feeling to you, in the sim.

For the Comanche, the best thing you can do is use the MT prop. This is pretty smooth, but still like any combustion engine with a big prop on the end, it still vibrates to an extent.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”