Comanche map/spot light

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Comanche map/spot light

Post by Kilstorm »

I just noticed the Comanche has this roof mounted adjustable/point-able white spot light. Its in a location not easily found or seen unless you really pan around or perhaps jump into the back seat. Was that there originally or added for the P3Dv4 model? This plane is so loaded with features. one of the many reasons why A2A is the best at what they do. Not only do they look at every moving part and ask, does it work, move, make a sound and if so we need to not only model that but also having be part of the planes model and environment BUT also they take the time to label ever item for cockpit notes which is extremely helpful for use in VR when it might be a wee bit hard to see the actual label or text.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche map/spot light

Post by Nick - A2A »

A2A added it to the P3Dv4 model Kilstorm. It's a nifty feature isn't it - you can switch it to red mode too, by rotating the bezel. 8)

Nick

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Should of guessed they couldnt just stop at giving us 100% but also have the ability turn it up to 11 as well. Thanks for the red filter tip, hadnt discovered that yet.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

That red light thing is really cool! I tried it, and found that everything I tried for "rotating the bezel" just turned it on and off. Finally I tried clicking right on the front of the light, right on the shiny white part, and it turned red! Perfect light level for flying at night! Oh yeah - you must have the navigation lights on in order to enable the map/spot light.

Seeya
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, I just checked and indeed it seems to be a right click to change from white to red and back again. It's a really nice feature: the red or white lighting from the spotlight (wherever it happens to be pointed) is even visible from the external view. 8)

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes its a handy feature added to P3Dv4 version thanks to some of the new parts of the P3Dv4 SDK/PDK allowing some fanciness on the platform, similar to the nice movable cockpit lights in the T-6.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Thanks for the red light tips, Nick and Paughco. I don't think I ever would have guessed it was there if I hadn't read that. I love these "wait, I didn't know it could do that" moments when I come to the forum. I still can't believe I flew this plane for months and didn't know the ADF had a timer. Makes me want to right click everything just to see what happens.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

This is just p3d right? Not in the fsx version?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just P3D v4 or above as dynamic lighting was a platform feature added to P3Dv4.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”