A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by Fragmentum »

tbaac wrote:Scott seemed to say in that thread that 3 engines can be installed on the plane. I think it's a trijet.

Seriously, he seemed to say that you can choose between engines (perhaps similar to how you can choose between props on the existing AccuSim Spitfire for example).
If that's the case then I hope that (as someone put in that thread) each has it's own history and condition. So the first one could have a dodgy cylinder and 20 hours on it whereas the other 2 might be newer.
Consider the possibility the new release may be an F4U Corsair. It was fitted with various engines during its service lifetime...
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Fragmentum wrote:Consider the possibility the new release may be an F4U Corsair. It was fitted with various engines during its service lifetime...
Ooooooh, I so wish for this. But the MILVIZ release probably means that's not gonna happen.

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

tbaac wrote:If that's the case then I hope that (as someone put in that thread) each has it's own history and condition. So the first one could have a dodgy cylinder and 20 hours on it whereas the other 2 might be newer.
The downside to creating something like that, would be that the simple act of visiting the hangar and replacing the worn parts would be all that's needed to correct the issue.
I doubt if the in depth Accusim system would be used in that way.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

The next A2A release is supposed to have wing-tip tanks as an option, it kind of narrows the list down somewhat.
Cheers!/Andreas

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

mattgn wrote:The downside to creating something like that, would be that the simple act of visiting the hangar and replacing the worn parts would be all that's needed to correct the issue.
I doubt if the in depth Accusim system would be used in that way.
Not sure I follow. On my Spitfire for example, if a part is worn out I can replace it.
If the new plane had 3 available engines and each one had some worn parts then they could similarly be replaced with a couple of mouse clicks if I wanted.

What's the difference between maintaining one engine in the hangar and maintaining 3 engines in the hangar?
(when 'maintenance' is done with a few mouse clicks)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

tbaac wrote:
jeepinforfun wrote:It's funny how everyone has a different take on Scott's announcement.
Not me. I know that the opportunity they couldn't pass up is obviously a reference to a mint condition flyable Lancaster that someone found in the back of their garage. A2A must have borrowed it for a few months for flight testing. :D
Oh GOD !!!!!!! You have uttered the L word. For heaven's sake man have some pity. You know that the very hint of the L word sends Lewis into violent fits of tepid anticipation. Have some mercy PLEASE!!! He's SO fragile you know !!!!!!

Actually on new aircraft, it's our policy to wait until someone..........ANYONE.........posts any of the following;

1. My favorite is the.................
2. I think A2A's next one will be..................
3. Personally what I'd like to see A2A do next is the..................
4. My favorite and the plane I want them to make next is the...............
5. A ( take your pick here) would be nice....................
6. S**t man, you DO realize it's almost Christmas and they........................
7. Scott said just 8 months ago that they will.....................

I have to say that so far I've not seen anyone here on the forums posting any suggestion for what we should produce next and until we actually see a post like that I'm afraid it will have to be a surprise as always.
:-)))))))))))))
Dudley Henriques

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Thanks for that Dudley :lol:
Sorry Lewis :mrgreen:

In that case, I'd always wanted to see a Trike Ultralight accusimmed.

And can we have a version of the Mk ii Spitfire with a G500/G600 glass cockpit please? And tundra tyres.
This would be a free update obviously as there's not much to change really.

Cheers.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

tbaac wrote:Thanks for that Dudley :lol:
Sorry Lewis :mrgreen:

In that case, I'd always wanted to see a Trike Ultralight accusimmed.

And can we have a version of the Mk ii Spitfire with a G500/G600 glass cockpit please? And tundra tyres.
This would be a free update obviously as there's not much to change really.

Cheers.

LOL

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

My favourite is the Cessna 182RG. Just in case :D

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
tbaac wrote:
jeepinforfun wrote:It's funny how everyone has a different take on Scott's announcement.
Not me. I know that the opportunity they couldn't pass up is obviously a reference to a mint condition flyable Lancaster that someone found in the back of their garage. A2A must have borrowed it for a few months for flight testing. :D
Oh GOD !!!!!!! You have uttered the L word. For heaven's sake man have some pity. You know that the very hint of the L word sends Lewis into violent fits of tepid anticipation. Have some mercy PLEASE!!! He's SO fragile you know !!!!!!

Actually on new aircraft, it's our policy to wait until someone..........ANYONE.........posts any of the following;

1. My favorite is the.................
2. I think A2A's next one will be..................
3. Personally what I'd like to see A2A do next is the..................
4. My favorite and the plane I want them to make next is the...............
5. A ( take your pick here) would be nice....................
6. S**t man, you DO realize it's almost Christmas and they........................
7. Scott said just 8 months ago that they will.....................

I have to say that so far I've not seen anyone here on the forums posting any suggestion for what we should produce next and until we actually see a post like that I'm afraid it will have to be a surprise as always.
:-)))))))))))))
Dudley Henriques
I'll go with number 5., A https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft would be nice.................... :mrgreen:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

RichardFS wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
RichardFS wrote:Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
I'm a Dudley. Does that count !
Do you carry 95 passengers at 350 Miles per Hour with four R-3350s?
Well.............I did carry one passenger at above 2.1 Mach with two TF30's if that carries any weight around here?
LOL

Dudley Henriques

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

[quote= Well.............I did carry one passenger at above 2.1 Mach with two TF30's if that carries any weight around here?
LOL

Dudley Henriques[/quote]

That's a pretty big bell you ring there Quasimodo :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

RotorWash wrote:[quote= Well.............I did carry one passenger at above 2.1 Mach with two TF30's if that carries any weight around here?
LOL

Dudley Henriques
That's a pretty big bell you ring there Quasimodo :D[/quote]

Palms covering my ears......................"The bells...............THE BELLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
LOL

DH

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I'd love to see a GRIFFON Spitfire... just so I could have ONE aircraft in my inventory that I don't feel guilty about not flying!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Happy Holidays,

I think A2A's next COTS will be Douglas DC-4 and C-54 Skymaster in one release. On the other product line, I think the jet generation will be born... :mrgreen:

Merry Xmas,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”