A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by tbaac »

I agree aviator1213. However I think A2A have said that the difference between xplane and FSX is too much so they'd basically be starting again.

A2A GA aircraft feel similar to me to GA planes in xplane for flight model. A2A aircraft may be more exact and "true to the book" which is fantastic, but I'm not comparing it to the book when I fly most of the time.
Obviously A2A brings the Accusim aliveness which isn't present in xplane aircraft (although REP add a bit of life to the aircraft).

I'm hoping A2A aircraft come to FSW as they seemingly won't be coming to xplane any time soon.

A2A also bring an attention to detail, and presentation style that I appreciate.
But unfortunately they don't yet sell products for the simulators that I use now.
( and yes, I'd probably buy their next product on FSX :roll: )
( :roll: because as I understand it, FSX is currently the only consumer-targeted flight simulator that A2A develop for (other than the A2A content currently in FSW); FSX-SE isn't as stable when I run it as other simulators that I use :wink: )
Last edited by tbaac on 04 Jan 2018, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

Holdit wrote:I wonder if this unexpected opportunity has anything to do with the folding up of RealAir. Could their aircraft be in the process of finding a (very suitable) home?
Hopefully that is true because the RealAir Duke B 60 v2 is a masterpiece.

sima2apilot
Airman

Post by sima2apilot »

Following Scott's announcements,
really enjoy where A2A is moving !!!

Good work and happy new year

Best Regards
Gilles
Accusim Aircrafts
C182 Skylane / PA-28 Cherokee 180 / PA-24 Comanche 250 / T-6 Texan

Simu
P3D V4.1 / X-Plane 11 / FSW with Accusim

jackwall
Airman

Post by jackwall »

I hope a Happy New Year was had by all and best for the 2018 and beyond.

The development update was great to read and I can appreciate that there are reasons that the details were no covered.

We are all huge supporters of A2A based on their products and clear passion. That '17 is being characterised by Scott as an R&D year, is fair enough in my book. Yes, I'm impatient to learn if an Aerostar is in the future from A2A LOL .... hint hint LOL

In truth, I can see the merit in part of the summary being, "....Scott said so much essentially saying nothing...." to quote Ilya1502 above.
The 'tight lipped & close to the chest' reality is also acknowledged in the update itself up front and for me the take away is, A2A are still there, still working, acknowledged as being quite quiet in 2017 and that in 2018 we can expect more direct output to the community.
Still a positive and encouraging read basically. It's awesome to see the also mentioned narrowing of the divide between RL and Flight Sim ... with A2A surely leading the way.

I will be interested to see what the new store means .... will their be a way for us to register our existing product back into the A2A store?

finally, whatever the next aircraft promo video will be (please be an Aerostar), we'll all watch it multiple times as our passion is fuelled by the dulcet tones of the Scott's narration and the camera angles, music selection and final production by whoever is responsible for it.

S!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Pilot "S!"

thank you for your words in the message above, it's put zip into my hopes for 2018. So, inspired by you, 'eres my offering.

Recently, I needed to uninstall stuff and use default P3D. A week of flying other planes!!

Now I've reinstalled my A2A hangar. Not a day goes past without Comanche-time. After my ignorance of waiting several months before buying T6, I am still thrilled by it!

As Joni sang "You dont know what you've got till its gone!". Dare you to try it folks! Don't fly A2A for a couple of weeks. Just use other planes. Then open up Comanche, T6, Cherokee, C182 etc.. The "WOW!" moment never goes away.

Scott and team just come up with absolutely ace products. I trust him completely to take the necessary time to achieve his standards; for our tremendous and matchless gain. It raises our standards and expectations.

"please let it be Aerostar!" ("...and Spitfire, of course")

(Belated) Happy New Year, all A2A pilots.

Rod

Birmingham , UK

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just wanted to give another update, or as much as I am allowed to give without compromising any confidentiality agreements.

Our team moved off of an existing Accu-Sim project that was in the final stages in late November, to move onto another Accu-Sim project that has a hard, unmovable deadline. The project has been going really well, especially since we have had to build all new technologies to meet it's requirements. I am aware how quiet we have been, and this has been difficult for us (and our community) to remain this way as we really want to share what we're working on.

Assuming this project fully materializes with a solid end result, we will be able to make an official press release showing everything that we're working on in late February / Early March.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Thanks for the heads-up Scott

I wonder what that plane is and why do you have to be so secret about it but we'll eventually know I guess :P

Also this means that we'll get 2 accu-sim releases very close to eachother ?
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Scott - A2A wrote:I just wanted to give another update, or as much as I am allowed to give without compromising any confidentiality agreements.

Our team moved off of an existing Accu-Sim project that was in the final stages in late November, to move onto another Accu-Sim project that has a hard, unmovable deadline. The project has been going really well, especially since we have had to build all new technologies to meet it's requirements. I am aware how quiet we have been, and this has been difficult for us (and our community) to remain this way as we really want to share what we're working on.

Assuming this project fully materializes with a solid end result, we will be able to make an official press release showing everything that we're working on in late February / Early March.

Scott.
Wow, Thanks for the update. :o
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Thanks for the update. Back to hibernation until end of February :mrgreen:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Thank you for the update Scott. It has indeed been really quite on the forums here so the information is really appreciated.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Thanks, Scott.

Your updates are very good for the morale of the troops. Wish you and your staff all the very best on completing your project(s). :)
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

That's some very good news and at least a concrete timeframe. :) And that's exactly where I'll have my semester break. :wink: Can't wait to see what new Accusim tech you guys have in store for us.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

That is always good news to hear Scott! Sucks you guys had to move off of an almost finished project to a different one with a concrete deadline, but I suppose that can be the nature of the business sometimes. Hopefully there will be more to share in Feb or March.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

It's a pity that a new release appears to have been put back, but thank you Scott, for letting us know. I'll be interested to see what this new project with the fixed deadline turns out to be.

Regarding the project that was in the final stages in late November, is this the one that has a choice of 3 engines as well as tip tanks? I was really looking forward to the release of this project, so I hope said release still happens.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

topazy
Airman Basic

Post by topazy »

Hi everybody.
Can somebody explain how to install the program in fsx steam ... everytime I try to direct the browse to steamapp_common_fsx .. always gives me an error.. how can I redirect the installation ?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”