Problem changing heading quickly

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Problem changing heading quickly

Post by bobsk8 »

The only problem I have flying the Comanche is when on an Instrument approach to an ILS, the controller gives me the final heading to intercept, and I try and quickly set the heading with my mouse. What happens often is the drift setting changes rather than the heading, because if there is any slight error in mouse clicking the know, it switches from heading to drift. This usually results in a turn in the wrong direction. Has anyone found a trick to get around this issue.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Problem changing heading quickly

Post by Nick - A2A »

Nor sure I follow Bob. You can't rotate the heading bug knob on the HSI by clicking: instead you have to use the mouse scroll wheel (the left click action being reserved to depress the knob to adjust for gyro drift as you say). Or do I misunderstand what you're getting at?

To be honest, I'd prefer a right click action to push/pull all rotary knobs too (so we can use left click and drag in the normal way). However, I think A2A prefer not to use right click actions except in very few cases.

Nick

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick M wrote:Nor sure I follow Bob. You can't rotate the heading bug knob on the HSI by clicking: instead you have to use the mouse scroll wheel (the left click action being reserved to depress the knob to adjust for gyro drift as you say). Or do I misunderstand what you're getting at?

To be honest, I'd prefer a right click action to push/pull all rotary knobs too (so we can use left click and drag in the normal way). However, I think A2A prefer not to use right click actions except in very few cases.

Nick
OK, that's what I am doing wrong ( butterfingers). I am inadvertently pressing the left mouse button when turning the mouse wheel. :roll:

In fact I just did it again, right after posting this while on approach to KATL,,,,,,, :?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, that would explain it. I guess you could always assign a couple of hardware or keyboard controls to adjust the heading bug using FSUIPC, but that might prove even more fiddly.

Cheers,
Nick

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick M wrote:Yeah, that would explain it. I guess you could always assign a couple of hardware or keyboard controls to adjust the heading bug using FSUIPC, but that might prove even more fiddly.

Cheers,
Nick
Yeah I got so many buttons and switches assigned now with FSUIPC, I can't even keep track of them all. LOL
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick M wrote:Yeah, that would explain it. I guess you could always assign a couple of hardware or keyboard controls to adjust the heading bug using FSUIPC, but that might prove even more fiddly.

Cheers,
Nick
Finally took your suggestion after another screw up on Pilotedge LOC backcourse approach heading change. Assigned some buttons on my throttle quadrant via fSUIPC to heading change. Works great now.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

bobsk8 wrote: Assigned some buttons on my throttle quadrant via fSUIPC to heading change. Works great now.
Glad you found a good solution Bob. :wink:

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”