Around the world in the Comanche.. Finally

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Izzii
Airman

Around the world in the Comanche.. Finally

Post by Izzii »

I had intended this to take some time ... just not 10 months :( But I finally finished it none the less

The log is a bit of a mess I decided late in the day to start logging fuel and I was super lazy and used the engine hours to log the flight time

Main events were

* Violent storm in Iceland where I stopped moving forward and gained and lost 1000ft ... not fun but we managed to land ... somehow

* Over India I lost all physical control of my throttle I had to glide and land at night on a road, save, restart the sim and take off again

* I had originally intended to fly across Auz and up though NZ but I still have not sorted out my old DVD Orbx scenery for P3D so on Landing at Cairns I decided that's was enough of Australasia and turned back north.

* Main fuel tanks ran dry arriving in the Philippines (did have 5lbs left in the tips just not practical on final to glance down and fumble with the fuel leavers)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Around the world in the Comanche.. Finally

Post by Paughco »

WOW! What a long strange trip that must have been! I noticed that the last leg was from Juneau to Vashon. Classic!

Seeya
ATB

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Wow... my goodness! Did you actually fly all those legs without saving in between? Did you really sit for 6 to 7 hours behind your computer to complete each leg in one go...?!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Iz: Flying the Comanche around the world is very cool!

This is straight out of the Comanche 250 Pilot's Manual:

The avionics suite in your Accu-Sim Piper Comanche 250 is so complete, the best source for your information
is straight from the manufacturer. Below are links to the latest manuals online:
[url]http://.a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/STEC%2020-30-30alt.pdf[/url]
http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/ADF841.pdf
http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/man ... Manual.pdf

The ADF has a timer, which is described in the manual. I recommend that you download the manual and try out the various timer functions on one of those long flights :) . I've messed around with it a bit, and I know for a fact that the flight timer works.

When I first started flying the Connie, I had P3Dv3, and experienced frequent computer crashes due to out-of-memory failures (almost crashed the airplane at least once in the mountains near PAJN during IFR approach!), so I would save my flights every 15 minutes or so in a flight called "Before impending dOOM." Now I've got P3Dv4 and computer crashes are very rare, but I still save my flight in progress at 15-minute intervals.

Happy Landings
ATB

Ayce
Airman

Post by Ayce »

I'm flying around the world in the Comanche. I have done the trip once already on the sim. What do you use for weather if any I don't have any weather add-on and it would be nice to have the realistic weather

Thanks, Jackson.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Beautiful job, just on the way out but this is gonna get posted on our social channels. Congratulations on your achievement its always good to know people are going RTW with the simulations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Izzii
Airman

Post by Izzii »

The Comanche defiantly proved itself a capable aircraft for this kind of adventure.
Paughco wrote:WOW! What a long strange trip that must have been! I noticed that the last leg was from Juneau to Vashon. Classic!

Seeya
ATB
Love that route my favourite part of the world fly it a lot generally 1S2 or 2S1- CYBD -CYXT - CZST - PAWG or PAPG and then on to PAJN this time I just skipped it all :D
J van E wrote:Wow... my goodness! Did you actually fly all those legs without saving in between? Did you really sit for 6 to 7 hours behind your computer to complete each leg in one go...?!
I generally fly after I get in from work or on weekends, I flew all the legs end to end then saved once parked up for the next leg (making sure to prep the plane for the next day.... or in case I was not going to get back to it for some time... (Which happened)
Paughco wrote:Iz: Flying the Comanche around the world is very cool!

This is straight out of the Comanche 250 Pilot's Manual:

The avionics suite in your Accu-Sim Piper Comanche 250 is so complete, the best source for your information
is straight from the manufacturer. Below are links to the latest manuals online:
[url]http://.a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/STEC%2020-30-30alt.pdf[/url]
http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/ADF841.pdf
http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/man ... Manual.pdf

The ADF has a timer, which is described in the manual. I recommend that you download the manual and try out the various timer functions on one of those long flights :) . I've messed around with it a bit, and I know for a fact that the flight timer works.

When I first started flying the Connie, I had P3Dv3, and experienced frequent computer crashes due to out-of-memory failures (almost crashed the airplane at least once in the mountains near PAJN during IFR approach!), so I would save my flights every 15 minutes or so in a flight called "Before impending dOOM." Now I've got P3Dv4 and computer crashes are very rare, but I still save my flight in progress at 15-minute intervals.

Happy Landings
ATB
Since I jumped to P3D I've not had any unexpected crashes so I'm far more comfortable putting in many hours flying
Ayce wrote:I'm flying around the world in the Comanche. I have done the trip once already on the sim. What do you use for weather if any I don't have any weather add-on and it would be nice to have the realistic weather

Thanks, Jackson.
The weather program is AS16 running real-time weather which can be quite violent if you don't detune the winds (oddly the Iceland experience was for real must have been quite a battering up there)
Lewis - A2A wrote:Beautiful job, just on the way out but this is gonna get posted on our social channels. Congratulations on your achievement its always good to know people are going RTW with the simulations.

thanks,
Lewis
Cheers Lewis

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”