Headset Sounds

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
SimCaesar
Airman Basic

Headset Sounds

Post by SimCaesar »

I'm running P3D v4.1 with the latest Accu-Sim Update.

I've noticed clicking the headset jacks in the latest version doesn't do much, at least not what I'd expect. It muffles a small amount of the wind noise and that's it. There is no affect on the engine sounds or anything else, it's just as loud with the headset "on" or "off."

I've noticed this with the C182 as well. The headset muffles a little bit of the wind noise but the engine noise is unchanged. (In the C172 and Cherokee 180 the headphone jacks perform as expected.)

Is there a fix for this or anything I can do to make it work properly? I know I can reduce the sound volume in the Shift-3 panel but I like the convenience of being able to turn the headset "on" and "off" for different phases of flight.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Headset Sounds

Post by Nick - A2A »

The headset works as expected with the Comanche and the 182 in my installation of P3Dv4.1 SimCaesar, muffling engine sounds dramatically.

Have you checked to make sure the volume control is set at 100% in the shift 3 window? If it's already turned down quite a bit, this would explain the issue you describe.

Thanks,
Nick

SimCaesar
Airman Basic

Post by SimCaesar »

I have the volume turned up 100% in Shift-3.

I created a quick video to demonstrate what I'm talking about. The C172 (which is working correctly) is shown first for comparison. (This video is unlisted so as not to show up in YouTube search results.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5L9ZYOCFFI

CrewMember
Airman

Post by CrewMember »

SimCaesar wrote:I have the volume turned up 100% in Shift-3.

I created a quick video to demonstrate what I'm talking about. The C172 (which is working correctly) is shown first for comparison. (This video is unlisted so as not to show up in YouTube search results.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5L9ZYOCFFI
Seems to be you have some bug. Its not normal. Did you tried to make a completely reinstall of Comanche?
I9 9900k, ASUS Extreme XI, DDR4 32 GB, RTX2080. Pepar3d v4.5

Airbus 320Family Captain

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I'm not so sure. The video seems pretty consistent with the level of sound attenuation I notice with the headset on in the Comanche. I think you have to bear in mind that other factors (such as whether the cabin soundproofing is installed) will tend to make a difference too.

However, the headset simulation does seem more effective at reducing the higher pitched engine note in the 172. This is no bad thing in my opinion. Maybe we get ANR sets in the Cessna, and an old set of David Clarks in the Comanche! :)

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes from what I see and hear in the video that sounds about right.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SimCaesar
Airman Basic

Post by SimCaesar »

OK thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll just live with it the way it is, and hope that A2A will consider giving us some noise-canceling headsets for a future update.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”