Cost of Ownership

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Taka taka
Senior Airman

Cost of Ownership

Post by Taka taka »

No, really.

I have 30 hours on the hobbs meter so the cost per hour is $1.6667 so far. :lol:
I love these things.

Thank you A2A
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

SLKVP
Airman

Re: Cost of Ownership

Post by SLKVP »

Ok, this is in real money.
Now, within acusim world, What if each time we needed to repair, replace or modify something - including changing oil - there was an price for each item or action along with HOBBS meter....

So fixing Flaps or replacing a starter would cost acusim money and there would a acusim-bound Cost of ownership...
Just an idea...

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Cost of Ownership

Post by AKar »

It would be fun to make an Excel log for example, to keep a book of the costs. For material costs,

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/

..is a good starting point. I recall we used them a lot back when I was involved in GA business. You will also effectively simulate one big aspect of GA repair & maintenance: looking up for correct parts! :D Some are easier to find straight from their respective manufacturer.

Just to give an idea, a quick search with a few items applicable to Comanche:

S6LN-21 Magneto with impulse coupling
$749.00 each, overhauled condition

LW-15571 Starter, 12 V
$1099.00 each

LW-12425 Cylinder & head assembly
$3399.11 each

CH48110-1 Oil filter
$25.55 each

Phillips 66 X/C 50W-20 Engine oil
$5.50 quart

...and so on. Typically a maintenance shop gets some percentage off from the listed price (which works as their commission).

(Edit: While it won't matter much in simulation, in real life one must always verify the correct part number from current parts catalogue and track the replacing parts where required. Replacing with similar that was removed is not good enough. While they provide a starting point, one should never trust what any search by make and model might bring up. While it may seem self-evident, it often is not, and wrong parts are relatively often used. I am aware of a case where a Cessna had wrong cylinders installed...

Just as a disclaimer!)

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”