Help setting up AP with FSUIPC

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
jasonstory44
Airman

Help setting up AP with FSUIPC

Post by jasonstory44 »

Hi guys, I've noticed that since I have controls in Prepar3D V4 disabled because I set my bindings with FSUIPC, I can't setup switches with the Comanche A2A configurator panel.

I figured this was because I have controller settings disabled in Prepar3D so I tried to set them up through FSUIPC but can't figure it out. Or at least the right options.

I was looking for a button to toggle the different AP modes. Maybe one to toggle AP disengage. And a third for altitude hold.

Has anyone been successful getting this sorted before?

I was looking through the FS controls for each button in FSUIPC. I assume they aren't offsets such as trim etc.

Thanks Jason

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Help setting up AP with FSUIPC

Post by bobsk8 »

jasonstory44 wrote:Hi guys, I've noticed that since I have controls in Prepar3D V4 disabled because I set my bindings with FSUIPC, I can't setup switches with the Comanche A2A configurator panel.

I figured this was because I have controller settings disabled in Prepar3D so I tried to set them up through FSUIPC but can't figure it out. Or at least the right options.

I was looking for a button to toggle the different AP modes. Maybe one to toggle AP disengage. And a third for altitude hold.

Has anyone been successful getting this sorted before?

I was looking through the FS controls for each button in FSUIPC. I assume they aren't offsets such as trim etc.

Thanks Jason
Here is what I do.

1 In P3D, disable all controls that you are going to assign with FSUIPC, like all axis, buttons, switches, trims, etc.. etc. in the P3D controls menu. Make sure you look at assignments for joysticks, and rudder pedals, throttles, etc.

2. Leave controls enabled in P3D, that way the A2A configurator will work. If you disable the controls in P3D, the A2A config will not work, as you have probably discovered.

3. Now this is what I have done. Sometimes, even if you delete control settings in P3D, it will all of a sudden on it's own, load some default settings again in P3D, so now you have P3D controls and FSUIPC controls fighting with each other. To eliminate this forever, find the XML file where the control settings in P3D are saved and in windows, make it a read only file. That way, P3D cannot change any of the control assignments. This xml file is located here. C:/users/your name/appdata/roaming/lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V3 or V4/controls/Standard.xml

Make sure before you change that XML file to read only by right licking on it, and selecting properties, that you have everything in P3D set up the way you want. If you want to change a control setting in P3D at a later date, you simply have to go back to that XML file, uncheck read only, make your changes, then re-check read only again.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

jasonstory44
Airman

Re: Help setting up AP with FSUIPC

Post by jasonstory44 »

Thank you Bob..thats a brilliant idea

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”