Piper Comanche - Strange Door Behaviour

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
TonyW
Airman First Class

Piper Comanche - Strange Door Behaviour

Post by TonyW »

Hi,

On the last two occasions that I used the Comanche I experienced the strange behaviour where the door kept opening and closing. This was at the end of a flight so I just saved it and closed FSX. The next time I started up FSX and loaded the saved flight I again experienced the door continually opening and closing so I decided not to fly. This has never happened before so I'm very puzzled. On both occasions the odd behaviour seems to have started after I used the towing facility.

I don't want to fly the aircraft again until I have this resolved as I'm afraid it could start happening during a flight. I'll load up the saved flight later today to see if it happens again but I'll be staying on the ground.

Regards,

Tony

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Piper Comanche - Strange Door Behaviour

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have never had this problem , but in order for the A2A team and or the community to help you , we need more information.
1/ what flightsim are you using
2/ is the sim at the correct min specs recommended by A2A , AND IS IT RUN AS ADMIN
3/ what windows system are you using win 7 win 10 ect
4/ is your anti virus set to ignor anything sim related
5/ this aircraft reqires two door closing actions , was your door fully closed on its locks
regards alan. 8)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Are you positioned near a fuel pump? I recall that affects the door animations.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Tony,

Just to add to the other replies, it's recommended to load a default aircraft in the sim before you load your saved flight with the Comanche. This can help to prevent issues with the SimConnect client failing to load properly.

As Oracle mentions, parking in close proximity to a fuel point will cause the door to close (an FSX peculiarity). If the engine is running, the prop-wash will also blow the door shut.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oracle427 wrote:Are you positioned near a fuel pump? I recall that affects the door animations.
Spot on, normally the cause is the classic 'feature' of MSFS/P3D of doors not being able to be opened near a fuel point.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I've flown again without this issue. I think it probably was probably the fuel pump as I was in a small local airport, and although I couldn't see a fuel pump close by there must be one within one or two hundred metres due to the small size of the airport. How close must I be to a fuel pump for this to happen?

Anyway I'll bear this in mind especially in small airports.

Regards,

Tony

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Normally right next to it, but remember in sim not all fuel areas have a visual representation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Thanks again,

So in future I'll keep away from fuel pumps and will also load a default aircraft first.

Tony

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

TonyW wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I've flown again without this issue. I think it probably was probably the fuel pump as I was in a small local airport, and although I couldn't see a fuel pump close by there must be one within one or two hundred metres due to the small size of the airport. How close must I be to a fuel pump for this to happen?

Anyway I'll bear this in mind especially in small airports.

Regards,

Tony

This is an old bug in FSX. Anywhere near a fuel station and you will get it. These stations have a rather large area surrounding them that serves as a fuel "trigger" that refuels the plane to 100%. Parking within this area and operating the canopy can cause an open/close loop to initiate . If you simply park and don't open a door or a canopy the fuel will advance to 100% and the door/canopy will stay as it was.
It's notable that you can park anywhere outside this fuel station trigger and operate the doors or canopy normally without getting the open/close loop.
The best minds in the business have tried to solve this bug since as far back as I can remember and so far I don't believe anyone has solved it. It should be easy to find the link between the station trigger and the canopy trigger but for some reason the solution eludes the gurus of software. LOL
Dudley Henriques

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Thanks DHenriquesA2A,

I've flown the Comanche quite a lot since the original and mostly into small local airfields without this happening again.

Tony

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Park near the fuel pump and shut off the engine. Bring up the mini controls, open the door and press empty plane before it closes... That way its a feature not a bug.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”