Aircraft aging when saving flights

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
bkmetz2x205
Airman

Aircraft aging when saving flights

Post by bkmetz2x205 »

Hi all,

I am currently touring the USA with the Comanche. When I arrive at an airport and shut down, I save the flight in FSX-Steam. I save the flight with the Comanche on the tarmac. When I load the flight during my next session, the Comanche is in the same spot, facing the same direction, and it is the same time of day that I left it, etc. Yet, even though I selected the tie downs and wheel chocks prior to saving the flight, they are not in place when I reload. It appears that the fuel level is correct, though.

When a flight is saved, would it best to load a default aircraft first, and upon loading the saved flight switch back to the Comanche? Or does it make a difference at all?

Another scenario: say I save the round the world flight with the Comanche on the tarmac, but later use it at my home airport to practice procedures. Let's assume I put 2.5 hours on the Hobbs but don't save the flight. When I continue on the USA tour and load the previous scenario that had the Comanche saved, will those 2.5 hours be lost?

I may not have communicated my questions well enough. If you need clarification, let me know.

Thanks for any help you provide.

-B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft aging when saving flights

Post by Nick - A2A »

bkmetz2x205 wrote:[...] Yet, even though I selected the tie downs and wheel chocks prior to saving the flight, they are not in place when I reload.
The wheel chock and tie down animations are both linked to parking brake status, so any toe brake input will tend to remove them.
bkmetz2x205 wrote:When a flight is saved, would it best to load a default aircraft first, and upon loading the saved flight switch back to the Comanche?
Yes - best to load the sim with a default aircraft first and then load your saved flight with the Comanche for trouble-free operation.
bkmetz2x205 wrote:Let's assume I put 2.5 hours on the Hobbs but don't save the flight. When I continue on the USA tour and load the previous scenario that had the Comanche saved, will those 2.5 hours be lost?
No - any hours registered on the Hobbs meter (and in the hangar) will be 'remembered' regardless of whether-or-not you save the flight.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers,
Nick

bkmetz2x205
Airman

Post by bkmetz2x205 »

Thanks Nick,

You've answered all my questions. I will follow your advice and load up a default aircraft first.

– B

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Hehe....no fooling a2a, they know when you're flying it !

Try using Air Hauler 2..... you have to a fly a type rating, pay for it, and then pay for regular services and fuel.....not to mention landing fees. But you get to earn money too !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”