Parking brake

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
bkmetz2x205
Airman

Parking brake

Post by bkmetz2x205 »

I purchased the Comanche several days ago. It is an incredible product!

I have encountered one issue. The parking brake will randomly disengage. I don't think I am getting control spikes from my pedals. Any other possibilities?

Thanks ahead of time for any help you offer.

-B

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Parking brake

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please give us some more details about when the parking is disengaging - at the begging of your flight or while sitting on the tarmac. Let us also know which sim you're using FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D or P3Dv4. :wink:

Make sure after installation of this wonderful aircraft to install also the latest update from here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=57819

Note: If you use P3D version 4 you don't need this update!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I get this issue too and I've found the problem is caused by my rudder pedals. The left brake pedal doesn't 100% disengage unless I stick my foot behind it and pull it up. Once I've done that, the brakes stay on, no problem. My rudder pedals are Saitek combat rudder pedals, btw, and I've installed them without Saitek's drivers as I find these mess things up.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

bkmetz2x205
Airman

Post by bkmetz2x205 »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please give us some more details about when the parking is disengaging - at the begging of your flight or while sitting on the tarmac. Let us also know which sim you're using FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D or P3Dv4. :wink:

Make sure after installation of this wonderful aircraft to install also the latest update from here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=57819

Note: If you use P3D version 4 you don't need this update!

Cheerz,
Will
Thanks for the responses so far.

I am using FSX:Steam. The issue will occur when on the tarmac, and sometimes during the run-up prior to takeoff. In some cases the parking brake will disengage as soon as it is set to park. On my screen, I do not see any indication that the left or right brake has been activated, although I suppose I could be getting a control spike from the CHProducts pedals.

Also, I have already installed the update.

-B

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

You are almost certainly getting a spike from your pedals. Even 1 blip from the potentiometer will release the parking brake if your deadzone is set to 0. I would set your deadzone up a bit and see if that helps.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I agree that noisy data from the toe brake axes does seem to be a likely culprit. Don't suppose you happen to own a registered copy of FSUIPC4? This software has a handy feature whereby the level of toe brake depression require to disengage the parking brake can be customised.

Cheers,
Nick

bkmetz2x205
Airman

Post by bkmetz2x205 »

Thanks for your responses.

You are all probably correct. I am probably getting spikes from my toe brakes. Tapping them real quick seems to resolve the issue.

Thanks once again,

-B

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

There is no shame in setting a deadzone of 3 or 4, mine need a deadzone of 5 in any sim

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

jimcarrel wrote:There is no shame in setting a deadzone of 3 or 4, mine need a deadzone of 5 in any sim
5? My toe brakes are set for 20. :D Old age is creeping up on me. Actually it just passed me.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes even the newest rudders can often do with a nudge of deadzone, also help with potential knocks, if you accidentally tap a pedal with a foot.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”