Compatibility

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Compatibility

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello,

Will this download be fully functional using FSX SE on Win 10 with ORBX scenery?

Thanks
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

stephanodk
Airman Basic

Re: Compatibility

Post by stephanodk »

MACHAVIA wrote:Hello,

Will this download be fully functional using FSX SE on Win 10 with ORBX scenery?

Thanks
Charlie
Yes. ORBX should not have any influence at all and I have the comanche with FSX SE and it works fine.
Piper Comanche 250 & L049 COTS

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again Charlie!

Yep, the Comanche will install fine under FSX-SE. Are you considering a switch from FSX disk edition to the Steam version?

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello Nick,

I have only ever had FSX SE version but thinking of getting the Comanche 250 from A2A, I have the skylane (C 182), the other thing Nick was thinking about getting the GNS 750 from Flight 1 does it load straight in to the A2A aircraft or into FSX SE, I see the A2A configurator which has some options on GNS and Land Lights but I can only get the default to enable, I expect I am doing something wrong!.

Are you on FSX SE OR FSX disk or some other platform any experience on X Plane 11 or Prepar Version 4.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I do have an installation of FSX-SE Charlie, but I also have P3Dv4 installed and mostly use that nowadays. I've dabbled a bit with other sims over the years (e.g. X-Plane 10, DCS, and AeroflyFS) but invariably seem to return to FSX/P3D. :)

I've never used the F1 GTN products but, yes, you'll need to purchase a copy to be able to install it with the A2A configurator.

Pretty sure you won't regret getting the Comanche if you do decide to do so. It has a very different 'feel' to the 182 and the avionics and autopilot make for a nice change too.

One thing you could try if you wanted to enhance your FSX-SE experience is the 'DX10 scenery fixer'. It's a payware product (not a very expensive one though) and gives you the benefit of cockpit shadows and some other rather nice graphical tweaks.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”