Round the world in a Comanche.

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
cowboy10uk
Airman

Round the world in a Comanche.

Post by cowboy10uk »

Well Yesterday I finally started my around the world trip in the A2A Comanche 250.

The journey saw me take off from Tattenhill in the West Midlands before routing out over the North Sea via the Clacton VOR, before crossing Holland and landing for Lunch in Belefield, West Germany. For those that are interested my route plan was as follows.

EGBM, HON, DTY, BKY, CLN, SPY, RKN, HMM, EDLI.

This route took my over the green fields of England, across a stunning large wind farm just off Clacton VOR, across the Bulb fields of Holland and across North Germany which again has stunning amounts of detail. It's trips like this that reminds me just how far Flight simming has come.

This is the first of many many legs all in real time. Most will be around 3 to 4.5 hrs long due to RL commitments.

After lunch, I did a short 90 min hop to reposition at Nuernberg Airport in preparation for the 2nd main leg

EDLI, FUL, EDDN.

Im currently heading across mainland Europe to the Middle East, before transiting down the length of The orient and island hopping across to Australia, ( it looks doable in a light aircraft on sky Vector, but I guess only time will tell.

Luckily I don't have to worry about the political situation in any countries I'm visiting, as I'm guessing it would be almost impossible to do it in RL due to several war zones I'm gonna have to transit.

Cowboy10uk
Last edited by cowboy10uk on 07 Jul 2017, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Round the world in a Comanche.

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Great trip you have planned ahead! Looking forward to your progress.
Here is a thread that gives more light on how to add screenshots to the forum: :wink:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=50279

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

cowboy10uk
Airman

Post by cowboy10uk »

Well its day 2 of this epic around the world tour, and my wonderful wife offered to collect our daughter from nursery, which allowed me to make it a long one. 6.5 hrs in the end.

Nuernberg Airport all the way to Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

again the route for anyone whos intrested 

EDDN, IGL, GSB, KFT, LUK, LAK, KEB, KRV, NIS, VIT, ROZ, EKI, CEK, LIBA

A very intresting route which allowed me to have a good look at several countries.

Sadly as I needed good fuel economy I was up at 13000 so didn't get the best view of autogen, but hopefully you will agree there was some amazing sites, and some fantastically large towns. 

Sofia especially being one of my favourites. 

The flight wasn't without its problems, several VORs wouldn't work and I kinda stalled and crashed immediately after takeoff, when I was trying to diagnose a gear fault, and flew into trees.  ( Always fly the plane first, then diagnose when safe.  it was a popped CB in the end. )  Luckily due to the joys of simming, I could grab another aircraft as if it never happened.

ImageImage

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Great pics and look forward to this challenge. 8)

But might I suggest keeping the images down to around 1200 pixels wide for easier viewing on all systems and to keep the forums bandwidth within acceptable limits. This will also help your hosting service. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Your pics are too big, lol. Some of us are still content with 1080p resolution.

Good luck with the challenge. I've tried this in a couple faster high flying planes before, but I always give up. Some legs are just too long.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice, but yes 1024 tends to be fine for showing a screenshot, (they actually look better smaller) and also wont kill your bandwidth for your hosting solutions as they can be real small file sizes, great for free hosting solutuons etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cowboy10uk
Airman

Post by cowboy10uk »

Hi guys, yep sorry bout the pic size, forget I need to resize them. Whoops.

Sadly however this trip has come to a crashing halt on the Turkey/ Iraq border after my pc decided to melt and kill itself. Sadly gonna be a good few months before I'm back into the air, where I will start this again.

I promise next time to reduce my file size as well Lewis.

Cowboy10uk
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey best of luck getting your system all sorted out, the thread will be here ready to be updated when you are all sorted out. I look forward to future updates 8)

cheers,
Lewis

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

For what it's worth, you don't have to resize the images unless you want to when you use imgur. You can just append an "h" (or several other letters) to the filename, prior to the ".jpg" part and it'll automatically resize them.

Example:

Original: "http://i.imgur.com/jWFQ0wT.jpg"

Resized: "http://i.imgur.com/jWFQ0wTh.jpg"

And here's how it looks:

-stefan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to know stefan, thanks for the information 8)

cheers,
Lewis

Anex80
Airman Basic

Post by Anex80 »

You mentioned that some VORs would not work. Is this common? I would think that in a sim all VORs would be functioning.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”