Marker lights not staying on in P3Dv4

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Dragnhorn
Airman

Marker lights not staying on in P3Dv4

Post by Dragnhorn »

The red/green wingtip marker lights do not stay on in P3Dv4. If you toggle the "l" key you can see them momentarily but they don't stay lit. Any fix for this?

EDIT Operator error! Sorry. Lights work just fine once you figure out what you are doing. Thanks for such a great aircraft and especially for porting it over to LM P3Dv4!

Thanks

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Re: Marker lights not staying on in P3Dv4

Post by Orlaam »

No idea, but the green and red wingtip lights are called navigation lights. Marker lights are on the panel and light up when crossing a beacon on final. :wink:

The Nav lights for the wings are turned on with the same dial as your instrument lights, little black dial below the yoke.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Dragnhorn
Airman

Post by Dragnhorn »

Thanks for the clarification Chris. Much appreciated. Still learning.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Dragnhorn wrote:Thanks for the clarification Chris. Much appreciated. Still learning.
You don't say (why not?) but you have probably installed something into v4 that doesn't belong there.

A2A use defaults for some of the lights and the nav lights are an example. I suggest you replace the light effects with defaults and see if that fixes things. There are a number of reported issues from using files with the same name from v3 in v4, or replacements intended for v3 in the latest platform.

For anything further please supply system specs, a full list of what you've installed into p3d v4 and the results of restoring the default files.

Dragnhorn
Airman

Post by Dragnhorn »

Thanks but a mere restart of my PC the next morning presented me with no issues with the Navigation lights. I used the specific LM P3Dv4 installer for the aircraft and shy away from non native installers or install routines.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”