Adding a GPS

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
MickB
Airman First Class

Adding a GPS

Post by MickB »

I understand I can only use the default GPS. But say I would like to install another GPS say the Garmin 1000 would it be possible? Or am I restricted what I can use that is shown in the configurator?

Michael.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Adding a GPS

Post by mallcott »

MickB wrote:I understand I can only use the default GPS. But say I would like to install another GPS say the Garmin 1000 would it be possible? Or am I restricted what I can use that is shown in the configurator?

Michael.
Sim?

You can use anything you like, but the results will be mixed unless the addon developer has incoporate specific files and instructions for the A2A aircraft. What you can't do is just shoehorn a.n.other aircraft G1000 into the panel. As so much of the aircraft is programmed outside the sim it will never work.

There are no addon market G1000's for this bird, so I'm not too sure what you are thinking of here?

And furthermore, if you are using P3d v4 the new installers for the 64-bit regime do not exist for the GTN products from Flight 1 or any of the Garmin addons from Mindstar. Yet.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for the Comanche the options are the default with the 400 or 295. The RXP 4/530 in FSX, the Mindstar 4/530 in FSX/P3D and the Flight 1 650/750 in P3D/FSX. For the moment during this period of P3Dv4/v3 cross over only the defaults currently work in P3Dv4 as the third party GPS options gave not been re-released/updated yet.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MickB
Airman First Class

Post by MickB »

Thank you all. I just used the Garmin 1000 as an example. Looks like I will stay with what I have got.

Michael

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

The GTN 750 is to die for. :)
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

MickB wrote:Thank you all. I just used the Garmin 1000 as an example. Looks like I will stay with what I have got.

Michael
You haven't answered the question - what sim?

markom
Airman Basic

Post by markom »

Taka taka wrote:The GTN 750 is to die for. :)
One of the aircraft I fly regularly has a 650 (essentially, just a smaller version of 750), and it's indeed an awesome thing. It took some time getting used to the touch screen though.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

markom wrote:
Taka taka wrote:The GTN 750 is to die for. :)
One of the aircraft I fly regularly has a 650 (essentially, just a smaller version of 750), and it's indeed an awesome thing. It took some time getting used to the touch screen though.
Yeah, after getting used to the earlier Garmin navs, it's a revelation, and much easier to work with gloved fingers - but whew! Its expensive! :shock:

Mind you, same could be said for a Flight 1 GTN in P3D v4. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”