Shiny Red Paint WIP

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
mlb406
Airman

Shiny Red Paint WIP

Post by mlb406 »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this WIP shot of a new repaint I'm making - based on this Cirrus SR22 G6.

I have done most of the fuselage, but I've still got to do the tail section as well as the miscellaneous things such as the radiator intake (below the main intake?). Can't decide if this bird should get tip tanks - I haven't painted them yet!

Sidenote, where is the bolt texture located? I've made the spinner and prop black like on the actual aircraft, but the silver bolts seem to stand out. Also, the trim beneath the windshield, where do I paint that? I've done it before but I can't remember where it is :o

I also think it's a very nice screenshot with London in the background :D

Stay tuned for the finished paint!

Max

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Shiny Red Paint WIP

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ohhh very nice! 8) Retro and modern at the same time.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Agreed! Rad, I dig it.

I haven't messed with this kit yet so I can't show you. However, a good guess is it will probably be by the spinner. Think of a unwrapped shape. It could even be square. If the mesh layer is in the kit, have a look there. It's really helps identify the tough things.

Or, it could also be in one of the "don't paint" or other layers higher in the layer stack. I know the T-6 does this with certain details.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

I had a look around the paint kit and these are the only ones that made sense to me. Have you tried either one of these? If not, I'm at a loss for now. :?

Also, check the rivets layer in the don't paint section.

mlb406
Airman

Post by mlb406 »

Sitrep for today - after a day of exams it is nice to go back to the paint shop!

I decided to remove the black prop - I couldn't get the face to blend without a paintkit with the side of the prop, and the spinning texture was still white. Still looks classy though!

Think I've decided against tip tanks - the aircraft looks much sleeker without them and still has an impressive range!

Obviously still got some things to do, but I'm unsure about the new tail design. If anyone's got any suggestions please let me know!

Also, she needs a reg. Unlike my other paints I'm going to release this one to the public, so I'll need to give her a registration, so suggest one below and I might use it.

This screenshot for me shows why the Comanche > the Bonanza - the 250's just got so much more "ramp appeal"

Max

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”