Well I finally did it

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
dscott3984
Airman First Class

Well I finally did it

Post by dscott3984 »

I have the Cherokee and the 182 and was looking for something different to fly around in and I knew I wanted to stick with A2A birds so I picked up the Comanche and bought one in FSE. Nothing but impressive work on the Comanche so thank y'all again for these amazing works of art!

Here are a few pictures from my first flight in this ol gal and many more to come after this. Hope y'all enjoy.

Bought a used bird with a little over 5000 hours TT and a higher time engine so she needed a few small things like some flap hardware and oh btw, cylinders 2 and 4 were shot during the compression test so she got two new jugs out of the deal too. That's what a pre-purchase inspection is for though right?

Climbing out from the airpark subdivision near Tampa where I bought her. 1400 hour on the engine SMOH and two new cylinders so I'm watching the engine gauges closely on my maiden flight with her.
Leveled off in cruise, engine parameters look good so on we go to KDAB.
Down and safe at KDAB. Time to pull her in the hangar and check everything out after flight number one. Looks like she will be good to go for at least a few hundred more hours before the engine will need overhauling. Gotta love these classic birds.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Re: Well I finally did it

Post by Orlaam »

Congrats! I love this plane as well. I hope A2A make a higher flying faster twin soon!
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

No tip tanks? Fairing etc?
;)
They are a lot of fun to fly.
How was your first landing?
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, glad you like your new sim. Hope she brings you many many hours of fun. And great shots of her in a classic livery 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dscott3984
Airman First Class

Post by dscott3984 »

Orlaam,

I hope so also. But it's safe to say that anything they decide to do will be above and beyond anything we expect. I'm sure they have their hands full at the moment with the p3dv4 conversions so it may be a while before we get a release announcement on what they are working on next.

Taka,

Everything is fitted except for the tip tanks. My flights are normally one to two hours so my need for the extra fuel is next to nothing. The landing was decent. Just flew the numbers, 90 on short final, when runway was assured I slowly eased out the power and she fell with a nice and steady decent rate into the flare. Pretty docile aircraft in my opinion.

Lewis,

It is a joy to fly your aircraft in p3d. I find myself spending 95% of my time on p3d with one of the 3 A2A birds I own rather than starting up x-plane where I started my flight sim addiction. SimCoders does a great job on that platform but I don't think anything is up to the quality of A2A on any platform. But I may not be a good judge since I'm an A&P and y'all have a Mx hangar built in so I'm at home with these birds. :P

dscott3984
Airman First Class

Post by dscott3984 »

Flying the new Comanche around in a different paint. This really is a solid IFR machine and a joy to fly. Enjoy y'all.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

More great shots and I must again say that the Comanche seems almost ageless. It just looks so modern with a simple modern livery as you are showing in the recent shots. Lovely stuff! 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”