keystrokes for the autopilot

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
sandi
Airman First Class

keystrokes for the autopilot

Post by sandi »

Hi, right on, are there by default any keystrokes for the autopilot on the 2-50?
Basically i am using the access file from the piper 180, in the 250 z turns the AP on it sounds like , but that is where it all ends, or so it sounds like :)
Any idea if i can assign anything, and if not , what to do?
I have to say it once again, seen from a persons point of view where , sound certainly matters, i am really impressed on the sound site.

Sandi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: keystrokes for the autopilot

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sandi,

All the autopilot functions for the Comanche can be assigned to keystrokes or hardware button presses using A2A's "Comanche Input Configurator". This is available from the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows Start Menu. It's pretty straightforward to use: double click on the function you wish to assign then press the preferred button or button combo.

Thanks,
Nick

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Nick, so, i did as you said, and have basically the same keys as in the other file you gave me.
Here is the thing, when i hit z, if i am not mistaken and i can be, it should turn my AP-master on, after that it is kinda interesting, then when i hit ctrl-z, i would expect it to indicate with sound that i have turned the Ap off but no sound.
I wish i had a option to upload videos:) that would explain it better and give us all a laugh LOL.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sandi,

Sorry - I'd forgotten that we've previously discussed the input configurator at some length! (This topic.)
sandi wrote:Here is the thing, when i hit z, if i am not mistaken and i can be, it should turn my AP-master on, after that it is kinda interesting, then when i hit ctrl-z, i would expect it to indicate with sound that i have turned the Ap off but no sound.
I used 'z' for the autopilot master but this doesn't actually engage it. For that you need to use the mode switch ('tab' in my input config file) which can be pressed multiple times to cycle through 'stabilizer', 'heading' and the two 'track' modes. Once the autopilot is engaged in one of these modes (as shown by the corresponding yellow lamp) the AP disconnect keystroke should have an effect. As you mention, this should be indicated by a series of beeps. In the file I sent, AP disconnect is assigned to ctrl+shift+z (though I usually use a joystick shortcut for this function).

Hope that helps. :) You can upload videos to a free file hosting service such as Google drive (most people use Youtube) and share the links in forum posts, but the forums can't actually host vids. There's more info on sharing images/videos here.

Cheers,
Nick

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Hi nick, figured it out, apparently if i press shift 3 first, it helps.
The reason for the vids was more it might be easier for me explaining what i am speaking about my next project is , “how do you orientate your self round the ap if you can’t see?” that one should prove interesting.
I got the AP going , however standard aTC is dead. i saw someone talking about deleting old flights or some such, but where are the files located on a windows 7 do you know?
as you can hear in this file , hope you can play ogg the landing is not all too hard, me messing up the Ap was a bummer, but i never flew the piper much before now.
http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/A2aLntBc/file.html

now you ask, why don’t i use the Ils?
I have no idea how to put the right freqs in, and am not sure if i can do it with out speech :d
sandi

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

sandi wrote:now you ask, why don’t i use the Ils?
I have no idea how to put the right freqs in, and am not sure if i can do it with out speech :d
sandi
First off, i think we can all agree that the default Cessna is... not good. That being said, i think you should still consider giving the lessons that come with FSX a chance. They will teach you at least the basics of IFR, and you'll have an instructor talking you through. The FS9 lessons were a bit better if you ask me. But still, give them a try. They cover ILS and stuff like that.

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

Hi, flying the ILS is certainly not the problem, making the speech say what is needed, is.
I don’t agree with your statement, an airplane is neither good or bad, it is always a matter of the pilot, are you so old you have heard about Chuck Yeager?
Tail goes, he have a discussion with another pilot, they are dogfighting, according too him it is really not the lesser plane that is the winner in a given situation, but the better pilot.
So whilst i can certainly agree with you A2A makes some really good aircrafts, i can also give you at least 2 situations where they too have had to code, or program around limitations.
If i ever heard an 250s engine sound like they do in the simulator i would be real worried, le me tell ya.
Have you ever tried to make a really gentle stall in our 172?
When you are done, do the same in a real one, listen too the stall horn, tell me the difference.
There are always only so much that can be done in a simulator, and, when we keep that in mind a2as planes certainly are the best.
I am not sure where you come from Kristi?
And here i don’t talk about country, but i come from FlightGear before this.
Some of the developers did code as much out of the plane as they possible could, the Storch is a good example of that one.
I guess we strayed a little from the topic at hand, but i couldn’t help my self, sorry,

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

What i meant by saying the default Cessna is not very good, is just that. I didn't mean to say Cessna 172s are bad in general, just that Microsoft's default rendition is not a very good one, particularly when compared to A2A's version. It's perfectly fine for the tutorials, especially because when learning to fly a sim, you kinda want everything to be on rails, to make certain concepts easier to understand. But when it comes to simulating an actual Cessna 172, it simply is not very good. That gap is so much more obvious if one has ever tried the A2A 172, let alone the actual thing.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”