Can someone shed some light on this?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
mizra108
Airman Basic

Can someone shed some light on this?

Post by mizra108 »

Hi!
Just curious to see whether anyone would know if this can screw with accu-sim's logic,

Since the comanche is the only aircraft i fly in P3d, the way a I usually start off the sim is by loading a default scenario that leaves the aircrafts state and its location exactly how i last left it. Having said this, I am curious if anyone knows if doing so can alter the way in which accu-sim would simulate the random issues on the pre-flight inspection for example, or any issues for that matter.

Thanks!

Mark

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Can someone shed some light on this?

Post by mallcott »

mizra108 wrote:Hi!
Just curious to see whether anyone would know if this can screw with accu-sim's logic,

Since the comanche is the only aircraft i fly in P3d, the way a I usually start off the sim is by loading a default scenario that leaves the aircrafts state and its location exactly how i last left it. Having said this, I am curious if anyone knows if doing so can alter the way in which accu-sim would simulate the random issues on the pre-flight inspection for example, or any issues for that matter.

Thanks!

Mark
As Accusim effectively reads the elapsed time and simulates wear and tear from NOT using the aircraft (oil degradation over time, that kind of thing) I suspect the answer is yes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you should be good for the most part if its working for you but as soon as any issue is experienced I would recommend not loading it as a default flight. The default flight will not always initialize correctly for everyone so one of the first things I suggest when troubleshooting is to get that default flight back to default and then load into your A2A aircraft just in case any issues are a simply flight initialization issue.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I have never had an issue using save flights with any of the Accu-sim aircraft.. Just do not mess with the default flight assignment in FSX/P3D as that is what seems to mess things up. So for me with FSX I leave the trike / Chicago area flight as the default, and then just load my save flight from there. Many hundreds of hours and random failures and wear still occur so no issues with it on my end. The problem from my understanding stems from when you are in the load window with your save flight and you pick one, and then tick the "make default flight" at the bottom is what seems to screw everything up. Not sure if P3D even has that option, but that is where the legend comes from about default scenarios and screwing up complex aircraft.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

mizra108
Airman Basic

Post by mizra108 »

Great guys, thank you so much for the clarification on this as I was certainly doing it wrong and ran against a few bugs.
Really enjoying this add-on. It has changed the way I sim completely!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you like the simulation, have fun in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Hi Mizra,

I will shortly be restarting a continuous aerial tour around the coast of Ireland in FSX and then flying the Comanche across to the UK, since I got a repaint.. What I'll do is save the flight with the name "My Comanche 250" and then once I've landed at the next airport I simply save this existing flight. So when I start the next leg of my tour I'll be exactly where I finished my previous flight so all I need do on subsequent flights is to change the date and time as well as the weather, and refuel if necessary. I'm not familiar with P3D but I imagine it would work in a similar fashion?

Tony

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”