Getting the GPS Fixed...

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Getting the GPS Fixed...

Post by N324JK »

The scene: it's a beautiful morning in Coral Creek, Florida. The new paint on my Comanche sits on the ramp at FA54, just begging to be flown.

Having just reinstalled FSX (long story - don't ask - but it's an important point), I figured I'd take the opportunity to put the plane in the virtual paint shop and give it a fresh look. Meet N2916P.

With limited time on my hands these days, I'm sure some of you might notice that it's similar to one of my more popular paints, N2515P, and you'd be right. Essentially, I just traded out blue for red and brown, and came up with this.

I hop in the plane to do the "photo flight" for the thumbnail, and get the engine going. I hit the avionics master, and...the GTN 750 does nothing. Huh. Well, I know this won't do for long, so I decide to take it to the local avionics shop in Venice, just a quick 10 minute flight up the coast.

I get to KVNC, and they tell me it's a cheap and easy fix (thankfully), so I leave the plane there and go grab some lunch. I come back an hour or so later, pay the repair bill, and review the maintenance log entry. I turn on the unit, and sure enough, it fires right up like normal. I thank the mechanic, get in the plane, and start heading toward the runway.

Flying back, the GPS works like a charm. I stay low out over the water, and have an okay landing back at FA54.

(In reality, at some point during the reinstall, I goofed and installed the wrong version of the Garmin trainer to make the GTN work right).

Now, in the past, I've put a lot of planes on my system, such that no one plane ever really got a lot of time built up on it. Those days have passed, and now I look forward to keeping it just a few of the favorites. With the Comanche being chief among them, I plan to put a lot of hours on 16P. I haven't quite decided on sharing the paint yet; but, like any proud parent, I wanted to show off a little - I hope you don't mind.

Enjoy, and happy flying!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Scav
Senior Airman

Re: Getting the GPS Fixed...

Post by Scav »

N324JK wrote:...
NICE! The Comanche certainly wears that color well! 8)

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Getting the GPS Fixed...

Post by Lewis - A2A »

great shots. caught out by a GPS issue hehe, no magenta for you :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”